JDS talks about his loss to Cain

Eufron

White Belt
Reaction score
I'll provide a rough translation for the question that sums up the interview:

"UOL Esporte: And what happened? Why did you perform so poorly in comparison with your previous fights?

JDS: It was really my head. I had some personal things going on, some of my attention was missing because of that. And there's something else. Right after the fight, I went to the hospital and took an exam that revealed that my creatine [level] was very high. The normal is for it to be up to 300 and mine was at 1,400. I also had problems with my urine and kidneys."

Read more (in Portuguese).

Too bad that he can't stay away from the excuses.

Before the fight, a lot of people were saying that he wasn't focused on the fight, for whatever reason. Seems like they were right.

from what I read in OP, they look like excuses to me.

Yea, alot of excuses. How about admitting that you got outstriked and outwrestled and you need to work on that aspect of your game.

They are. I don't know if they're explanations too, but excuses they are.

I don't buy that. Every fight has events leading up to them that shape them. This is context. That is all.

He is not dismissing Cain's win or anything he just said there were things that wasn't perfect leading to the fight.

Not an excuse

I see Nogueira is having some influence on JDS' behaviour.

Nogueira is slowly making his student the P4P excuse maker. I like JDS so this is really unfortunate.

He had legitimate medical and personal problems nothing wrong with explaining why he performed like shit

Yea, alot of excuses. How about admitting that you got outstriked and outwrestled and you need to work on that aspect of your game.

Some Mma fans enjoy having context regarding fights, instead of rehashed answers trying to be politically correct

Before the fight, a lot of people were saying that he wasn't focused on the fight, for whatever reason. Seems like they were right.

I know this sounds cliche as fuck but I knew from his walkout that he didn't "have that look in his eyes", something wasn't right... If you look up the PBP discussion thread, I said something like "holy shit I'm fucking nervous".

Still doesn't account for the ass-whoopping my favorite fighter got. Gotta live with it and hope that he'll come back stronger next time. JDS himself is taking this loss like a true champion and didn't come up with excuses, despite what some sherdoggers would have us believe.

Near the end of the interview he gives credit to Cain for fighting better than he did, but at the same time he says that the things he faced during the fight were situations that he was used to dealing with during training and that he couldn't perform better due to overtraining (which would have caused the high creatine levels).

He had legitimate medical and personal problems nothing wrong with explaining why he performed like shit

That's nonsense sir! How dare a fighter ever ever have a reason for not performing his best! How dare there be any context regarding fights!

I know this sounds cliche as fuck but I knew from his walkout that he didn't "have that look in his eyes", something wasn't right... If you look up the PBP discussion thread, I said something like "holy shit I'm fucking nervous".

Honestly, I also got that vibe. He looked scared and out of focus. Against Mir he was very relaxed and confident.

That's nonsense sir! How dare a fighter ever ever have a reason for not performing his best! How dare there be any context regarding fights!

Egad! You're right! Good thing there was plenty of blood to satisfy my just bleed complex or this would have been the most boring fight evar!!!1!!11

Here is the thing ... the excuses are fine to hear if they were legit but why take the fight if you know you are not 100%. Jon Jones doesn't take fights if he is not 100% ... I wouldn't either because people only remember that you lost and made excuses even if they were legit.

Clearly you thought you could win and didn't. That's all that matters.

JDS has fallen so hard imho. Humble my ass, excuses and trash talking.
Enjoyed his fall btw

I'll provide a rough translation for the question that sums up the interview:

"UOL Esporte: And what happened? Why did you perform so poorly in comparison with your previous fights?

JDS: It was really my head. I had some personal things going on, some of my attention was missing because of that. And there's something else. Right after the fight, I went to the hospital and took an exam that revealed that my creatine [level] was very high. The normal is for it to be up to 300 and mine was at 1,400. I also had problems with my urine and kidneys."

Read more (in Portuguese).

Is JDS making excuses and here we go with the excuse making. Lets hope JDS does better in his next match, I am hoping his head is right for his next match.

Back