JDS suprised with Miocic KO, wants to fight him

philbr

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
"it's not a matter of some issues that need to be solved. The fight was scheduled already and i'll be happy if it finally happens. He seems to be a respectful guy towards his opponents and has been doing an excellent job in the weightclass. Today he surprised me. I never expected him to KO the iron hillbilly like that. He really suprised me. I want it [fight him]. If he wants to fight me, i wanna fight him. I hope, after i come back to trainning now, UFC schedules this fight again in the near future".

injury: "My doctor will run some final tests this week to see if the fracture is healed. If everything is OK, i'm gonna go back to trainning and if i dont feel anything wrong during trainning, i'll tell the UFC i'm ok and they can book the fight. I dont know when, but late August or early September would be ok".

Shoeface winning: "I was emotional. I turned the mic off because i couldnt talk much [he was commentating for brazilian TV], but when i had to talk, i couldnt show bias. I tried to explain what was happenning in the fight to the people at home, but inside i was exploding with happinnes. During his post figh interview inside the cage i couldnt hold it and ended up extrapolating a bit. I dont know if the TV guys liked it. I apologize if they didnt like it. I was really happy. He deserves it, he's a kid that just started trainning MMA in 2013. He is a BJJ world champion and has a lot to show us. I'm sure that, if he keeps this pace, soon he'll be an UFC champion".

http://sportv.globo.com/site/combat...ocic-e-torce-para-que-ufc-remarque-duelo.html

Awesome but early September seems too soon. I would be shooting for a mid october fight. Give him a few extra weeks to heal up. It would suck if it became a reoccurring injury like Fedors hand problems.

keep JDS away from Miocic

Cain needs to feed

good stuff - hope he comes back stronger than ever

JDS will beat Miocic easily. The last week didn't prove anything about Miocic.

Make it happen....I think it would be a good fight for a slugfest.

Love JDS, but this would be a big step down for him.

Debated the 2nd best HW if UFC's history fighting some with 1 fight in the UFC which lasted half a minute.

Everything to lose, nothing to gain whatsoever.

Respect his fighting spirit though.

I favor JDS in this matchup and think he will most likely beat Stipe but he will have to make some adjustments to his game. Fighting Stipe isn't like fighting Hunt, Stipe has legit boxing skill, tall, mobile, and a legitimate power puncher. JDS didn't have to worry about any of this with Hunt and though he completely dominated and finished Hunt in as brutal of fashion as one can, he will have to show more skills for the Stipe fight.

calling people hillbillies? have you forgot where you came from jds?

You need to put a lot of effort to hate JDS in any way.

WAR CIGANO

Love JDS, but this would be a big step down for him.

Debated the 2nd best HW if UFC's history fighting some with 1 fight in the UFC which lasted half a minute.

Everything to lose, nothing to gain whatsoever.

Respect his fighting spirit though.

That was not Stipe's first UFC fight...

calling people hillbillies? have you forgot where you came from jds?

Maldonado's nickname literally translates to "Iron Hillbilly" or "Iron Hick"

JDS will beat Miocic easily. The last week didn't prove anything about Miocic.

Didnt prove anything? It showed that this guy is evolving like a beast, and is going to be scary soon. I don't think JDS would last through a round. I don't like Stipe, but I am not going to ignore what everyone is saying about him. He is a beast, and he might just destroy Cain like he did Fabio. Cain is BAD! He is not a good fighter, poor technique, and like DC...if he can't control someone and wrestlefuck them, he has nothing against top guys.

The ufc needs to make some contenders at hw. Although JDS would probably win the fight, who else could they give Miocic? Beating JDS warrants a title shot. I don't think beating any other fighter could get him a shot at the belt unless he waited for werdum after he losses to Cain but that's too long.

Stipe & Cigano are real fighters! Let Overeem keep clenching his buttcheeks and biting his nails in the Bahamas!

Back