JDS should get a rematch immediately!Here's why...

I hear people saying he should at least fight one(or more) guy(s) before a rematch just like Cain did.

But nobody mentions the fact that he already "beat" Cain not so long ago.It was 1-0

On the other hand Cain got his rematch after being dismantled.He didn't beat JDS before and it wasn't a controversial decision.
JDS can knock anyone out and Cain has a bad chin.Now it's 1-1.

Cain got his rematch being 0-1.
Why should JDS get the same treatment being 1-1??

There is no:i just got caught or fluke win in mma.I mean getting the sub or punching someone in the face is what it's all about in the sport.You can be better well rounded but it didn't mean anything.Silva gets dominated in almost every one of his fights and then lands 1-2 punches and ends it easily.That's how it works.
It's because of

And the fact that you destroy someone easily makes you underestimate them.It's normal,it's like when a big Soccer team looses against one 5 divisions under despite being 1000 times better,it happens.

It plays a big role in your head and when you start a fight taking someone lightly,you can't change up your mind after you realize it's not going to be that easy again.JDS was clearly unprepared,too confident and when Cain didn't come out hesitating like he did in their first fight it threw JDS off his game.After the first scrambles(specially the one after 20 seconds) JDS got already tired because he didn't expect such a fight.

I really think he should get his rematch and i think he'll win it without much trouble,he won't take Cain lightly anymore.

Edit:I just don't get how you can lose to someone that badly and get a rematch like Cain.But it doesn't work the other way around when you actually won the fight.

A beats B and B gets a rematch despite having a loss to A.
But afterwards when B beats A,A doesn't deserve a rematch despite having a WIN??

It's the obvious. Cain got TKOd by a hard shot. JDS was just dominated for 5 rounds by Cain. JDS has little chance of repeating his win, while Cain will dominate 99 ut of 100 times. Let JDS prove himself. If he hasn't lost his aura, it will show in his fights.

JDS's first win can be considered a fluke, since one homerun punch landed and ended the fight without much else happening before that. A five-round long domination in every single area of the fight game is far, far worse of a loss. If you do not understand than you are quite stupid. If a rubber match would immediately happen (which I hope it doesnt) Cain would be a massive favorite.

This line of thinking is interesting but completely untrue.

If you KO your opponent you erase his chances of victory.

If you allow your opponent to last, you're giving him a window of opportunity to still comeback and beat you. Several examples in boxing. In MMA, Sonnen-Anderson I the most recent and high profile matchup I can remember.

KO, Submission > Decision. Always.

Go ahead and schedule the rematch for next week. I can't wait to see how JDS does with his mouth wired shut. Can't wait!!!! Fewl!!!

That was the dumbest post I've ever read. And I know it was completely serious.

Um.... didn't Cain fight Bigfoot to get a rematch? Or is thata non issue? I'm confused.

I hear people saying he should at least fight one(or more) guy(s) before a rematch just like Cain did.

But nobody mentions the fact that he already "beat" Cain not so long ago.It was 1-0

On the other hand Cain got his rematch after being dismantled.He didn't beat JDS before and it wasn't a controversial decision.

There is no:i just got caught or fluke win in mma.I mean getting the sub or punching someone in the face is what it's all about in the sport.You can be better well rounded but it didn't mean anything.Silva gets dominated in almost every one of his fights and then lands 1-2 punches and ends it easily.That's how it works.

And the fact that you destroy someone easily makes you underestimate them.It's normal,it's like when a big Soccer team looses against one 5 divisions under despite being 1000 times better,it happens.

It plays a big role in your head and when you start a fight taking someone lightly,you can't change up your mind after you realize it's not going to be that easy again.JDS was clearly unprepared,too confident and when Cain didn't come out hesitating like he did in their first fight it threw JDS off his game.After the first scrambles(specially the one after 20 seconds) JDS got already tired because he didn't expect such a fight.

I really think he should get his rematch and i think he'll win it without much trouble,he won't take Cain lightly anymore.

Edit:I just don't get how you can lose to someone that badly and get a rematch like Cain.But it doesn't work the other way around when you actually won the fight.

But afterwards when B beats A,A doesn't deserve a rematch despite having a WIN??

:rolleyes:

TS is babbling... LOL
Cain's dominant UD > JDS's KO win IMO. JDS can knock anyone out. Cain beat JDS in a way that nobody has ever beaten him. JDS needs a few wins before he deserves a title shot IMO.
So that means that if JDS just dropped dead after an almost-KO punch he got in the first, then he should get his "best of 3" decision fight rightaway!

But since he's a tough ass who's not willing to give up, we should punish him?

Come on, man, you can't be that naive, this is HW division, one punch often solves the whole equation, that's what happened to Cain, that's what happened to Liddell, that's whatp happens all the time. I'm baffled that JDS was able to keep up, but in the end the fight ended up after that precise punch in the first round.

Can you please state that if JDS did not KOed CV rightaway in their first fight, CV would be able to be back up again just as good as he was in the beginning for the first round? I dare you. I double dare you, MF!

colinfarrell3p6ca.gif

Then explain to me how Cain got his rematch after getting destroyed???It wasn't razor-close either...

I'm talking about instant rematches. Cain bounced back with an impressive win over Silva then got his rematch. If JDS wins his next fight and looks good then he'll probably get a rematch.

If JDS won Cain V. fans would still be calling for an immediate rematch they're just scared of the possibility that JDS will put Cain out again. Let's see if Cain can actually defend his title for once.

Cain's loss to JDS was worse - he couldn't even make it out of the first round. Nothing razor-close about a first round finish.

But a dominating loss is almost as bad as a KO. JDS should, like Cain, have to fight one contender before a rematch.

Yeah, if he gets through a next opponent then he will probably be in a title bout again.

big jds fan here, he needs to win at least one if not two to get another title. instant title shot rematches are ruining the sport to an extent they hold up the division and force guys that may have already earned there spot to either take another fight or risk ring rust.

No. Instant rematches should be insanely rare; we happened to have a bunch of them in the last two years.

big JDS fan, but IMO Cains beatdown of JDS in the rematch was a lot more telling then the 1st fight...quick KOs leave alot of unanswered questions and i think those questions were answered this time around...def. would like a rubber match but not immediately...let Overeem get the title shot if he beats Bigfoot...

Unless JDS can heal really fast, I don't see how he can get an immediate rubber-match. If he can, one fight against someone solid. After that, I wouldn't mind if they did it again.

also, if there wasnt any other viable contenders on deck then i prob wouldnt care but we have guys like overeem and werdum who are two new potential contenders for the belt...why hold the division up when theres fresh new fights awaiting us?

I heard that JDS possibly had a broken jaw after the fight. He probably will not be able to fight again until June 2013 or later.

So that means that if JDS just dropped dead after an almost-KO punch he got in the first, then he should get his "best of 3" decision fight rightaway!

But since he's a tough ass who's not willing to give up, we should punish him?

Come on, man, you can't be that naive, this is HW division, one punch often solves the whole equation, that's what happened to Cain, that's what happened to Liddell, that's whatp happens all the time. I'm baffled that JDS was able to keep up, but in the end the fight ended up after that precise punch in the first round.

Can you please state that if JDS did not KOed CV rightaway in their first fight, CV would be able to be back up again just as good as he was in the beginning for the first round? I dare you. I double dare you, MF!

how is JDS being punished? he got his ass beat for 25 minutes straight, lost the belt and we have guys like overeem and werdum on deck...nobody is being punished...this is the natural order of things...JDS needs to heal up, fight another top HW, win and then he gets his turn again...seems completely reasonable and fair...the HW division isnt that deep and being that JDS ran thru most of the division as it is hed likely always a fight away from a title fight...

Back