JDS should get a rematch immediately!Here's why...

I'm not disagreeing with you, I do think JDS should receive a title shot, but not an immediate title shot. He should have to win a fight against someone before getting another title shot.

What Silva? Anderson, Wanderlei, Thiago or some other Silva? I hope you don't mean Anderson, because he was only dominated in the first Chael fight, the other fights he's just been toying with his opponents. Being dominated and toying with your opponents is 2 totally different things.

I'm talking about Anderson.He lost rounds to Maia,Okami,Hendo,Chael twice and it didn't mean sh.. because he finished the fight afterwards.
Just like JDS can do it(i'm not comparing both of them).My point was that in mma when you have someone like JDS that can finish a fight with 1 punch and he has 25 min to do so;it's going to happen,it's not a fluke.

Rematches should only happen when fights are razor-close. This fight looked like a guy with nothing but a puncher's chance hoping to land that one big one.

Cain's loss to JDS was worse - he couldn't even make it out of the first round. Nothing razor-close about a first round finish.

But a dominating loss is almost as bad as a KO. JDS should, like Cain, have to fight one contender before a rematch.

No he shouldn't but he should get rematch by the end of next year that's a fact.

He'll get the same treatment Cain got. A solid top ten opponent and if (when) he destroys the guy then he'll get the title shot again.

He'll get the same treatment Cain got. A solid top ten opponent and if (when) he destroys the guy then he'll get the title shot again.

Why should he get the same treatment as Cain????

Why should he get the same treatment as Cain????

It may not have been a knockout but he still lost the belt in just as dominating a fashion. Also we know the division is shallow so an immediate rematch hurts both the development and marketability of the division to people other than "ZOMG heavyweights!"

EDIT: And I say this as a fan of JDS who was crushed after the fight.

If Overeem beats Bigfoot give JDS a tune-up fight. If Bigfoot wins give JDS the rematch.

Cain's loss to JDS was worse - he couldn't even make it out of the first round. Nothing razor-close about a first round finish.

But a dominating loss is almost as bad as a KO. JDS should, like Cain, have to fight one contender before a rematch.

JDS's first win can be considered a fluke, since one homerun punch landed and ended the fight without much else happening before that. A five-round long domination in every single area of the fight game is far, far worse of a loss. If you do not understand than you are quite stupid. If a rubber match would immediately happen (which I hope it doesnt) Cain would be a massive favorite.

If Overeem beats Bigfoot give JDS a tune-up fight. If Bigfoot wins give JDS the rematch.

Then Cain won't have an opponent. If Overeem beats Bigfoot, then he goes on to fight Cain. If Overeem beats Cain, then maybe we can have JDS vs. Cain again for #1 contendership.

Then Cain won't have an opponent. If Overeem beats Bigfoot, then he goes on to fight Cain. If Overeem beats Cain, then maybe we can have JDS vs. Cain again for #1 contendership.

Cain has an opponent in both scenarios. If Overeem wins, it's Overeem, he loses it's JDS. After that we're talking about mid to late summer, so hopefully the division will sort itself out by then. But to be honest, we're talking about the HWs, so it probably won't.

Then explain to me how Cain got his rematch after getting destroyed???It wasn't razor-close either...

Cain got his rematch because he fought another solid contender in Bigfoot and dominated him, leading to him EARNING the second shot at JDS. There was no doubt who won the first fight and now there is no doubt who won the second. I do believe there should be a third fight, but let JDS get another solid win before setting it up.

Then explain to me how Cain got his rematch after getting destroyed???It wasn't razor-close either...

He was the champ, won his next fight against legit competition, gets rematch. Pretty standard.

It's actually kinda sad how much TS is reaching here.

It may not have been a knockout but he still lost the belt in just as dominating a fashion. Also we know the division is shallow so an immediate rematch hurts both the development and marketability of the division to people other than "ZOMG heavyweights!"

EDIT: And I say this as a fan of JDS who was crushed after the fight.

Of course he lost in impressive fashion.But i don't know if you get what i'm trying to say.

The thing is,if we wanted it to be fair:If Cain only needs 1 fight after coming from a loss to JDS,then JDS needs less to face Cain again because he won the first.

Cain got his rematch being 0-1.
Why should JDS get the same treatment being 1-1??

Last edited:

He got his shot via destroying a Sasquatch

Relax, JDS will get the rubber match after 1-2 wins...nobody wants to see that rematch right away. We want to see him win and perform in a way that we all know the rematch would go differently, otherwise what's the point of having it?

Dont know why JDS want him to have a rematch so suddenly, if anything i think its in his best interest that they delay it.

No. But it is a shallow division. He'll get his chance, possibly in 2013 if he takes care of business.

Would love to see him take out Werdum.

Back