JDS should get a rematch immediately!Here's why...

bjjwar

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I hear people saying he should at least fight one(or more) guy(s) before a rematch just like Cain did.

But nobody mentions the fact that he already "beat" Cain not so long ago.It was 1-0

On the other hand Cain got his rematch after being dismantled.He didn't beat JDS before and it wasn't a controversial decision.
JDS can knock anyone out and Cain has a bad chin.Now it's 1-1.

Cain got his rematch being 0-1.
Why should JDS get the same treatment being 1-1??

There is no:i just got caught or fluke win in mma.I mean getting the sub or punching someone in the face is what it's all about in the sport.You can be better well rounded but it didn't mean anything.Silva gets dominated in almost every one of his fights and then lands 1-2 punches and ends it easily.That's how it works.

And the fact that you destroy someone easily makes you underestimate them.It's normal,it's like when a big Soccer team looses against one 5 divisions under despite being 1000 times better,it happens.

It plays a big role in your head and when you start a fight taking someone lightly,you can't change up your mind after you realize it's not going to be that easy again.JDS was clearly unprepared,too confident and when Cain didn't come out hesitating like he did in their first fight it threw JDS off his game.After the first scrambles(specially the one after 20 seconds) JDS got already tired because he didn't expect such a fight.

I really think he should get his rematch and i think he'll win it without much trouble,he won't take Cain lightly anymore.

Edit:I just don't get how you can lose to someone that badly and get a rematch like Cain.But it doesn't work the other way around when you actually won the fight.

A beats B and B gets a rematch despite having a loss to A.
But afterwards when B beats A,A doesn't deserve a rematch despite having a WIN??

Last edited:
I'm not disagreeing with you, I do think JDS should receive a title shot, but not an immediate title shot. He should have to win a fight against someone before getting another title shot.
Silva gets dominated in almost every one of his fights and then lands 1-2 punches and ends it easily.
What Silva? Anderson, Wanderlei, Thiago or some other Silva? I hope you don't mean Anderson, because he was only dominated in the first Chael fight, the other fights he's just been toying with his opponents. Being dominated and toying with your opponents is 2 totally different things.

I just disagreed completely with everythin you just said except the "they're 1-1," part.

ps: the 2nd fight was not close at all

Last edited:
Rematches should only happen when fights are razor-close. This fight looked like a guy with nothing but a puncher's chance hoping to land that one big one.

I'm not disagreeing with you, I do think JDS should receive a title shot, but not an immediate title shot. He should have to win a fight against someone before getting another title shot.

What Silva? Anderson, Wanderlei, Thiago or some other Silva? I hope you don't mean Anderson, because he was only dominated in the first Chael fight, the other fights he's just been toying with his opponents. Being dominated and toying with your opponents is 2 totally different things.

awesome av

That was absolute garbage and a waste of everyone's time. First day of the year, and retardness rules.

wtf?
its better for him to wait another two fights
hes not ready

JDS should get a rematch for getting his ass completely whooped for 5 rounds? I like JDS but immediate rematches are childish. They are especially intolerable when the fight isn't even close, as in the Frankie/Benson rematch. If JDS wants an immediate rematch all he has to do is pout about it and the UFC will give it to him.

JDS is my favorite HW fighter. NO IMMEDIATE REMATCHES! Only in the case of a draw should there be an immediate rematch.

JDS should fight someone else, and if he performs well enough (I think he will) he should get the title shot after that. I'd even be okay with 2 fights before fighting for the belt.

not after getting dominated for 25 minutes, needs to work his way back up.

Rematches should only happen when fights are razor-close. This fight looked like a guy with nothing but a puncher's chance hoping to land that one big one.

Then explain to me how Cain got his rematch after getting destroyed???It wasn't razor-close either...

I am a huge JDS fan but imo he should fight at least one or two times before a rematch. These two will meet again anyway. But there are others who deserve their shot now and those are great fights I wanna see.

That's like saying Nate Diaz should get an immediate match against Bendo. Stupid right? No one who gets destroyed gets a fucking immediate rematch.

Back