jds post fight photo, crazy!

That first fight really was a fluke, and JDS thought he could just knock Cain out in the first or second round with a lucky punch again. But instead he got the TRUE Cain Velasquez and got FUCKED up.

nope, I think the blue print is out for his defeats now.

Cain was going sloppy wrestling and still took him down...
Pressure, clinch, takedown, wear and tear JDS down.

nobody else in the HW division is even capable of doing what Velasquez did. Either they don't have the stamina or they don't have the wrestling ability. You need both for that strategy to work. plus, JDS will work on new ways to shut that strategy down now that he knows thats his weakness.

nobody else in the HW division is even capable of doing what Velasquez did. Either they don't have the stamina or they don't have the wrestling ability. You need both for that strategy to work. plus, JDS will work on new ways to shut that strategy down now that he knows thats his weakness.

I think it is HILARIOUS when people talk about the 'blueprint' for beating up a world class fighter, as if the guy just gets figured out and then is completely vulnerable.

Yeah, all you have to do is:
- Avoid getting tagged to the head too hard
- Avoid getting body shot KO'd
- Use world class wrestling to take down a very strong 240 lbs guy
- Avoid getting subbed
- Do all of the above for 25 minutes in a row, without losing energy

:rolleyes:

That first fight really was a fluke, and JDS thought he could just knock Cain out in the first or second round with a lucky punch again. But instead he got the TRUE Cain Velasquez and got FUCKED up.

lol, and here come the excuses. NO punch that is aiming for the opponents head is a lucky punch. Cain got KOd fair and square in the first fight, no fluke. JDS always comes for the KO and usually gets it. NOTHING NEW, NO FLUKE. Don't make yourself look like an idiot. But ya, Cain won fair and square this time too. Like both fighters can tell you now, its easier to get the belt than to hold onto it.

I think it is HILARIOUS when people talk about the 'blueprint' for beating up a world class fighter, as if the guy just gets figured out and then is completely vulnerable.

Yeah, all you have to do is:
- Avoid getting tagged to the head too hard
- Avoid getting body shot KO'd
- Use world class wrestling to take down a very strong 240 lbs guy
- Avoid getting subbed
- Do all of the above for 25 minutes in a row, without losing energy

:rolleyes:

exactly.

lol, and here come the excuses. NO punch that is aiming for the opponents head is a lucky punch. Cain got KOd fair and square in the first fight, no fluke. JDS always comes for the KO and usually gets it. NOTHING NEW, NO FLUKE. Don't make yourself look like an idiot. But ya, Cain won fair and square this time too. Like both fighters can tell you now, its easier to get the belt than to hold onto it.

Word. There have been two fights, both of them were fair / non-controversial, and they each won one of them.

Looks like a celebrity that just came straight from have plastic surgery done, like Mickey Rourke.

see Velasquez has no punching power :rolleyes:

I don't disagree with you but this comment goes against your point.

The punch power has little real effect on how you swell and how you get marked up.
For a swelling like that to occur, it'd suggest that he was punched a lot, which in turn suggests the puncher wasn't throwing with a lot of heat.

Cain can punch hard for sure, but JDS has chin for days, but this kind of comment is a double edged sword.

The real reason behind the surprise of this outcome for 90% of the posters here is that they wanted to place all their judgements on Cain as a fighter due to a 60 w/e second KO loss, that doesn't prove anything to me, especially at heavyweight and from a single punch. What you saw in the rematch is what both fighters had to offer over 25 minutes, and it's clear who the superior fighter is.

He lost the Championship, But stayed in there and lost it like a champion.

Well fought JDS. You will become back as a better fighter!

Cain definitely wanted to beat him down over the whole 25....It was Personal ..... Could have subbed him in the first....I'm glad he gave JDS the slow beatdown tho....He was gettin cocky....

Back