JDS overhand thing is so st*pid ...

He threw it from too far out against Ngannou because he was timid. Hesitation kills.

He looked very uncomfortable against Ngannou. I don't think the overhand right in general was the problem.

It works when he sets it up with the body jab but against Ngannou he had way too much respect and ended up being forced to throw it by Ngannou's pressure which led to him being countered bad.

that overhand was telephred as fuck with no set ups

lmfao

that overhand was telephred as fuck with no set ups

lmfao
I hate to say that fighters are "scared" but honestly that's what it looked like in there. Ngannou has both range and scary power so a lot of the time he can walk forward and the guy won't punch at him until they feel like they have to to get some space, then they telegraph some punch that he easily sees coming and counters them bad. Happened to Overeem too. Was sad to see JDS put out like that, he was on a three fight win streak and could've arguably secured a title shot if he beat Ngannou or at least the number 1 contenders spot for a while.

after watching the fight i just remembered this thread. damn tread starter was on point with this observation

Back