JDS on Cain "He hits like a girl"

It's called hyping a fight. I feel like we go through this every single event.

It's called hyping a fight. I feel like we go through this every single event.

No, we don't. Not everyone says that their opponent hits like a girl. They especially don't say it after their opponent beat them to a bloody pulp in their last fight. Junior just makes himself look bad with comments like that. It draws attention but it draws the wrong type of attention. He can hype the fight without making idiotic statements.

No, we don't. Not everyone says that their opponent hits like a girl. They especially don't say it after their opponent beat them to a bloody pulp in their last fight. Junior just makes himself look bad with comments like that. It draws attention but it draws the wrong type of attention. He can hype the fight without making idiotic statements.

He said it a couple months ago and it seems rather well established that it was meant as a joke. Something tells me he was told by the UFC hype team to repeat it during the countdown or whatever it's called. Either way, I don't particularly care. I'm going for Cain, and I might lay some money down, again.

He said it a couple months ago and it seems rather well established that it was meant as a joke. Something tells me he was told by the UFC hype team to repeat it during the countdown or whatever it's called. Either way, I don't particularly care. I'm going for Cain, and I might lay some money down, again.

He shouldn't have said it before and he shouldn't be saying it now. It's stupid. And regardless of what motivated him to do it he made the choice to get on camera and make that comment. It doesn't matter to me whether it is a joke or not. It's a stupid joke. I have less respect for him for saying it. Cain Velasquez on the other hand never made any excuses for losing to Junior the first time. I just rewatched the intro for UFC 155 and Cain says that Junior won the first fight, this is a whole other fight and he's going to win this one. That's all you really have to say.

He shouldn't have said it before and he shouldn't be saying it now. It's stupid. And regardless of what motivated him to do it he made the choice to get on camera and make that comment. It doesn't matter to me whether it is a joke or not. It's a stupid joke. I have less respect for him for saying it. Cain Velasquez on the other hand never made any excuses for losing to Junior the first time. I just rewatched the intro for UFC 155 and Cain says that Junior won the first fight, this is a whole other fight and he's going to win this one. That's all you really have to say.

It was a joke made on some Brazilian comedy program. It probably was stupid, but certainly not offensive. I don't really recall either fighter making any excuses, either. Overall, who really cares? This doesn't even qualify as shit talking (even if you assume he is being serious) when compared with what is said in other prize fights.

Not even talking about the comment, but my god some of you are really dense. The OP clearly states he said this on the prime time, yet the first 4 pages I read are everybody trying to rush in and say "old news".

I feel for ya TS.

his fat lip disagrees that cain hits like a girl. i like jds but he should give cain credit for whooping him and if he goes into the fight not respecting cain's abilities again, he will lose.

JDS is gonna have the ref save him from the beating Cain will give him. Don't piss Cain off homie

From what we've seen it's Cain who needs the ref to save his dear life. JDS is the one who can take his beating like a man. War JDS.

JDS seems to be okay with the idea of getting hit

It was a joke made on some Brazilian comedy program. It probably was stupid, but certainly not offensive. I don't really recall either fighter making any excuses, either. Overall, who really cares? This doesn't even qualify as shit talking (even if you assume he is being serious) when compared with what is said in other prize fights.

Watch the Primetime show:

Junior repeated the comment on the program and even implied that Cain got lucky the last time because he over trained. I don't respect that. Now don't get me wrong it doesn't rank among the worst comments anyone has ever made. I don't think anyone is suggesting that. What the comment does is make Junior look like a sore loser. I don't like sore losers. I think the TS is right to bring this up as an example of Junior's extreme arrogance. This isn't old news. Primetime came out today.

Watch the Primetime show:

Junior repeated the comment on the program and even implied that Cain got lucky the last time because he over trained. I don't respect that. Now don't get me wrong it doesn't rank among the worst comments anyone has ever made. I don't think anyone is suggesting that. What the comment does is make Junior look like a sore loser. I don't like sore losers. I think the TS is right to bring this up as an example of Junior's extreme arrogance. This isn't old news. Primetime came out today.

Maybe he is arrogant. It doesn't really trouble me one way or the other. Anything I see on these hype shows I take with a grain of salt. Now, he has made outlandish statements before regarding having a chance against a Klitschko, but I put that down to ignorance more than anything else. Or, maybe it was delusional arrogance. Prize fighting is one of the more likely places to find that.

Even if he said it again (haven't seen the primetime yet), it's really not a big deal to me. I don't relate to when fans get all "I've lost all respect for blah blah blah" when it's something as tame as talking a little shit about technique. It's not like JDS insulted his momma.

Besides, JDS one-hit KO'd Werdum, maybe he's allowed to talk a little smack about punching power. I think Cain hits hard, but again, really not a big deal to me personally.

of course he hits hard, but in relation to other HWs I don't think he's in the top 5 for power, as far as striking goes.

Maybe he is arrogant. It doesn't really trouble me one way or the other. Anything I see on these hype shows I take with a grain of salt. Now, he has made outlandish statements before regarding having a chance against a Klitschko, but I put that down to ignorance more than anything else. Or, maybe it was delusional arrogance. Prize fighting is one of the more likely places to find that.

I would definitely consider the Klitschko comment to be an example of Junior's delusions of grandeur. After he won the belt I think the status went to his head. He had a good run. He was undefeated in the UFC and knocked out the undefeated Cain Velasquez. His ego simply got out of control and I think getting dominated so completely by Cain in the rematch hurt his pride quite a bit. If you watch the Primetime you get to see Junior watching the last fight on TV. He looks very embarrassed and complains about the commentators talking shit for saying that he was fighting the real Cain Velasquez that night.

I think Junior sees his victory as superior to Cain's because he finished the fight. But what makes his attitude towards the second fight ridiculous is that he makes an issue out of Cain being unable to finish. It should be obvious to everyone who watched the fight that Cain was intentionally pacing himself and still brutalized Junior regardless. To say he hits like a girl because he didn't knock Junior unconscious is pathetic.

Now you may take these shows with a grain of salt but I believe that fighters should be scrutinized for every comment that they make. I don't care if he said it on twitter, in an interview with Ariel Helwani, at a family barbecue or at a pre-fight press conference. What you say reflects on you as a person and people have a right to judge him for his comments.

Back