JDS offers catalogue of excuses.

I agree with you that he provided excuses (overtrained, creatinine, personal problems) - my point was that the article quoted in the OP conveniently included the excuses and omitted the part where JDS actually admits Cain was better.

Not really, according to JDS he lost not because Cain is better, Cain was only better than him because JDS had a lot of problems coming in.

That's the same as saying that if he didn't have any distractions (read: excuses) he would've won. BS.

ufc gold, nike deals, and fame are going to bring jds some girl problems. according to my bro science he will be trading up or getting caught with his hand in the "cookie jar"

being a legend in brazil, damn that would be fun

Posting nothing but images like that "RaggedyRooster"guy does should give infractions or dubs, is it really so hard for people to form a sentence these days?

Pipe down, newfish. You aren't here to decide what gets dubs, wait til you've been here a while before giving mods instructions on how to run the ship.

As for the post you're referring to, it was just weak and lame, much like the OP. Not dub-worthy, however.

Funny, when Anderson Silva makes excuses for his off nights everyone just says "Oh, well i guess that makes sense, time to move on"

No, no they don't. He's dissected and hated on mercilessly on here. Do you even read these boards?

"I was so good that I ended up crossing the line. "

I was so good that I was bad? Dude needs to stop and just concentrate on getting back in the mix.

He means that he trained to his peak, hit it too early and then it became detrimental.

i.e overtraining

Sometimes with translations, you really need to read between the lines.

I'm sure nobody thought that Wanderlei Silva LITERALLY wanted to fuck Chuck Liddell...

I believe HaulParris is right. He doesn't seem like that kind of a guy.

Excuses after a loss is a time long tradition of Brazilian fighters.

Seems to be a cultural thing down there.

No, no they don't. He's dissected and hated on mercilessly on here. Do you even read these boards?

Witch hunting has been going on here for years now. Don't expect it to end anytime soon, Silva haters will continue making up shit that Silva fans are saying/doing in some sad attempt to spite Silva, while they themselves are blind for refusing so stubbornly to give him the credit he deserves for what he's done. BJ haters and Shogun haters do this a lot too. GSP haters used to do it but lately it seems like they've settled on "he's boring".

Wouldn't be surprised if Cain starts getting shat on by haters because his (imaginary) delusional dick-riders claim he could spinning back-kick a roided silverback's head off. And these haters will be the ones trying to claim that the fans are delusional. And their idiocy won't be ridiculed and laughed at anywhere near as much as it should.

saying he was better after providing a thousand excuses is useless. 'excuse...excuse..excuse..excuse..but he was better.'

Cain's permitted excuses lead to a paved road guaranteed him a rematch but JDS can't get the same?? There are new rules in the UFC;

1. Call somebody out whether you're qualified or not and you could be fighting them - the Sonnen rule
2. Make excuses about injuries after a fight even though you said pre-fight you were 100% healthy. You'll stay in the UFC and get quality match-ups - the Tito rule
3. Fight your ass off and talk a lot of trash. Even if you lose 4 straight they will keep you -- Hardy rule
4. Make excuses about injuries get immediate rematch - Cain rule

Witch hunting has been going on here for years now. Don't expect it to end anytime soon, Silva haters will continue making up shit that Silva fans are saying/doing in some sad attempt to spite Silva, while they themselves are blind for refusing so stubbornly to give him the credit he deserves for what he's done. BJ haters and Shogun haters do this a lot too. GSP haters used to do it but lately it seems like they've settled on "he's boring".

Wouldn't be surprised if Cain starts getting shat on by haters because his (imaginary) delusional dick-riders claim he could spinning back-kick a roided silverback's head off. And these haters will be the ones trying to claim that the fans are delusional. And their idiocy won't be ridiculed and laughed at anywhere near as much as it should.

tumblr_m96mf0Die11rtxy3i.gif

tumblr_m96mf0Die11rtxy3i.gif

Well he will have to prove himself in his next few fights with some impressive victories to convince me.

Also:

Posting nothing but images like that "RaggedyRooster"guy does should give infractions or dubs, is it really so hard for people to form a sentence these days?

He's going to a lot of effort to search/create gifs,get the link,embed them.
More effort than typing a sentence imo.

Also a picture=1000 words.

What are these threads? Dos Santos shouldn't be getting hated on so much he should be respected more.

He did look over trained in the build up, which is inexcusable because he is in control of his training. Regardless, he lost because he was the lesser fighter that night. He shouldn't be busting out these excuses.

I'm stil a fan but less so.

This is getting ridiculous.

Big Nog has taught JDS well

http://www.espn.co.uk/ufc/sport/story/187980.html

What were the personal problems? Overeem is in my head? :eek:

No seriously. Dude was messed up before the fight. He was already preparing for Overeem it seemed. Cain only focussed on JDS so he deserved the win and he was the better fighter that night. It's like JDS lost all his humility. Seriously how fame can get to your head.

Give us back the old JDS.

Cain's permitted excuses lead to a paved road guaranteed him a rematch but JDS can't get the same?? There are new rules in the UFC;
This is like the Sherdog whiners' bible right here.
1. Call somebody out whether you're qualified or not and you could be fighting them - the Sonnen rule
This is the closest you come to making a valid point in your diatribe. Still, I'd call it the Jones rule: once you dominantly clear out your division, you start getting mismatch title fights (Belfort, Sonnen) while better prospects are being groomed (Gustaffson).
2. Make excuses about injuries after a fight even though you said pre-fight you were 100% healthy. You'll stay in the UFC and get quality match-ups - the Tito rule
Tito was a long time champion and carried a big name into the ring. You may not have wanted him in the UFC, but a lot of fans paid good money to see him fight. If you earn your place, the UFC shows some loyalty.
3. Fight your ass off and talk a lot of trash. Even if you lose 4 straight they will keep you -- Hardy rule
Talking a lot of trash has nothing to do with Hardy not being cut. It's the fighting his ass off part that keeps him in the UFC, which after all, is at least tangentially related to fighting.
4. Make excuses about injuries get immediate rematch - Cain rule
Cain didn't get an immediate rematch, so to begin with your facts are wrong, both JDS and Cain had fights in between the first fight and rematch.
Cain also didn't get a rematch because of excuses. He got a rematch because Overeem is still suspended, and he clearly is the next man up.

What were the personal problems? Overeem is in my head? :eek:

No seriously. Dude was messed up before the fight. He was already preparing for Overeem it seemed. Cain only focussed on JDS so he deserved the win and he was the better fighter that night. It's like JDS lost all his humility. Seriously how fame can get to your head.

Give us back the old JDS.

Dos Santos didn't lose all his humility, he's still humble. Watch his interviews and how he talks. Also he already said Cain was better. Overeem has had explanations like that as well before.

Dos Santos didn't lose all his humility, he's still humble. Watch his interviews and how he talks. Also he already said Cain was better. Overeem has had explanations like that as well before.

Maybe you're right. But what I've seen is a JDS that was talking about Overeem more than Cain. I pointed this out before the fight. I find that disrespectful towards Cain. I also don't get how you can become that pissed about something so little (what Reem said about him being afraid to face him).

As for making excuses. Many fighters do this (win or lose). But the most important thing to say is that you lost to the better fighter. Not a bad thing to say especially if Cain was your opponent.

JDS needs to contemplate who and what is the problem. He need's to focus on himself and his fights rather than people. In all his interviews he's saying Overeem was disrespectful towards him while I think it's the other way around. That was before Cain trashed him. Reem also acted like a can by dissing JDS on twitter. I guess JDS did get to Reem, he just never showed it untill then.

Mehehe. I don't get these people. But whatever. Let them fight already.

This is like the Sherdog whiners' bible right here.
This is the closest you come to making a valid point in your diatribe. Still, I'd call it the Jones rule: once you dominantly clear out your division, you start getting mismatch title fights (Belfort, Sonnen) while better prospects are being groomed (Gustaffson).

Tito was a long time champion and carried a big name into the ring. You may not have wanted him in the UFC, but a lot of fans paid good money to see him fight. If you earn your place, the UFC shows some loyalty.
Talking a lot of trash has nothing to do with Hardy not being cut. It's the fighting his ass off part that keeps him in the UFC, which after all, is at least tangentially related to fighting.
Cain didn't get an immediate rematch, so to begin with your facts are wrong, both JDS and Cain had fights in between the first fight and rematch.
Cain also didn't get a rematch because of excuses. He got a rematch because Overeem is still suspended, and he clearly is the next man up.

Cain was put in a number one contenders match with Mir before overeem failed his test.

Back