JDS lost because he put on too much weight

Crossfit double deadlift world record here we come!

I can picture us sharing this type of training together
720423547720214144812642.gif

Pffft, fucking pussies arn't even standing on Bosu balls.

We'd do it right.

He looks like he put on more muscle mass

If you don't understand how its possible to gain more muscle mass and be the same weight then you obviously have not trained before bro

TS said JDS lost because he put on much weight.

So i'll repeat, JDS weighed the same as always.

And it's not because of 5lbs of muscle that he lost the fight.

He lost because Cain is better than him.

Yes you will get slower. You'll also expend more energy.
It would have to be a lot more then JDS has to even be a slight issue.

There's a reason why fighters don't all get as huge as they possibly can.
There's several, none of which are "I will get too slow".

Rather

A) Mighty Mouse for instance trains in a weight class below his natural weight, as most fighters do, if he adds muscle it will be harder for him to lose that weight.
B) They train too much MMA to spend the time really building "too much" muscle
C) Aerobic excercise will interfer with anaerobic excercise on a cellular level, limiting maximum strength and muscle mass gains. Translated, people who do conditioning sports will have a harder time putting on muscle.

No, but seriously, someone should call Usain Bolt and tell him muscles makes you slow, he didn't get the memo.

It would have to be a lot more then JDS has to even be a slight issue.

There's several, none of which are "I will get too slow".

Rather

A) Mighty Mouse for instance trains in a weight class below his natural weight, as most fighters do, if he adds muscle it will be harder for him to lose that weight.
B) They train too much MMA to spend the time really building "too much" muscle
C) Aerobic excercise will interfer with anaerobic excercise on a cellular level, limiting maximum strength and muscle mass gains. Translated, people who do conditioning sports will have a harder time putting on muscle.

No, but seriously, someone should call Usain Bolt and tell him muscles makes you slow, he didn't get the memo.

bro-do-you-even-lift.jpg

He gained muscle mass whilst losing fat, do you even lift bro

Stop being dumb, he obviously didn't lose fat and gain muscle at the same time, assuming the ts and your hypotheses that it was his "muscle gain" that slowed him. We don't even know if he gained any muscle or lost any fat. We do know he weighed the same as he always does. With no weight gain comes no speed decrease. Not hard to understand.

Meant he gained muscle.
5 pounds of muscle will absolutely change a lot. His handspeed didn't have to be slow in order for him to lose, just slower than usual, which it was.
the

There's a reason why fighters don't all get as huge as they possibly can. You're telling me if Mighty Mouse put on muscle he'd be just as fast? Or that a lightweight who's 5"10 isn't faster than a heavyweight who's 5"10, generally speaking?

You obviously haven't trained before, there's an optimum amount of muscle for every person's frame, it's perfectly reasonable that JDS might have surpassed his own.

There's a reason why fighters don't all get as huge as they possibly can. You're telling me if Mighty Mouse put on muscle he'd be just as fast? Or that a lightweight who's 5"10 isn't faster than a heavyweight who's 5"10, generally speaking?

You obviously haven't trained before, there's an optimum amount of muscle for every person's frame, it's perfectly reasonable that JDS might have surpassed his own.

No I'm telling you if someone loses fat but gains muscle so that their actual weight stays the same no way in hell they're slowing down.

How do you think humans even move? What with that useless muscle slowing them down... Must be something in the bones or fat...

I would expect such a lack of knowledge in strength and conditioning from a judo/Thai boxer (jokes but seriously man your spouting 1950s era theory here).
Have I trained/competed, only in wrestling and powerlifting, so I might just not understand the type of training strikers need... :|

Mighty Mouse has a very filled out frame, he's fast because he's short and explosive with quick reflexes and coordination. Someone 5'10 175 pounds is going to be faster than a heavyweight? Really? Funny thing is Tyson probably is faster than many 5'10 LWs too.

We have no clue how much muscle JDS even gained, only that his weight stayed the same. He clearly then didn't gain more than 5 pounds of muscle, and even if he gained more the fact he still weighs the exact same should mean there is no reason, none at all, why his now more muscular body should have more trouble moving his 239 pounds of mass.

You forgot one small detail aus101, more muscles need more oxygen my friend

Now lets train!

1347570541243.gif

There might be truth to this, but there is also always excuses. JDS looked great for half the first round. Cain started beating his body, and landing good shots, and the fight changed. JDS was overwhelmed, and couldn't fully recover. I was cheering for JDS, and felt like something wasn't quite right with the way he was fighting, but Cain had a great gameplan, and fought an even better fight. Credit to both guys, but I do feel like JDS tired way too quickly. Was a strange night of fights as far as gas tanks go. Even Cain couldn't finish because he didn't have the energy to put him away.

He was outstruck, and just mauled by Cain. He had very little offense from the very start of the fight.

But, just look at his handspeed. Look at the exchanges between him and Can in the first fight and now.

jds beat himself by putting on all this new muscle mass, and through doing so he lost his most important attribute of his boxing domination... speed.
It was the key to his dominance, and his KO power.

Without it, you all saw the result.

He needs to drop the weight, FIRE whoever told him to put it on, and get back to his former form.

Can I have some of the reality twisting drugs that you are on please.

I haven't watched it yet, but from everything I have read, it sounds like Cain put the pressure on and never really gave Dos Santos the opportunity to work his game.

Give it a year and/ or a few fights, and Dos Santos vs. Velasquez III will happen.

Put on more muscle mass indeed, did that have any effect on dealing with Cain's pace? It might be. Nonetheless, the guy was relentless going after Dos Santos regardless of how many stuffed takedowns.

Back