JDS looks a lot better with Roy Nelson's baby.

He's superhuman man. How does he look that good already? Compare that to Lauzon today:

386714_10151332544633570_1890166226_n.jpg
This photograph helps explain why I believe elbows to the heads of grounded opponents should be banned and perhaps replaced by knees to the heads of grounded opponents. Such elbows cause cuts and lacerations that unduly affect the outcomes of fights and often lead to the better fighter losing.

I've never seen swelling go down that fast before.

That's ridiculous.

This photograph helps explain why I believe elbows to the heads of grounded opponents should be banned and perhaps replaced by knees to the heads of grounded opponents. Such elbows cause cuts and lacerations that unduly affect the outcomes of fights and often lead to the better fighter losing.

Did you watch the fight? Jim Miller through elbows standing in round 1. The Majority of that damage was done standing, of course there was some ground and pound, but removing elbows is what the Japanese Karatekas came up with to beat Thai boxers. Or maybe they banned the clinch, some they changed the rules to stop this man in particular in K1.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buakaw_Banchamek

Buakaw had to do without elbows, clinch work, and several other Muay Thai techniques in K1. UFC/MMA allows 8 point striking which is why Muay Thai is among the more dominate striking arts in MMA.

Long before their was K1, Japanese fighters would travel to Thailand to fight Muay Thai guys and usually they would lose. Gradually the rules were modified to give the Japanese karate guys a better chance of winning. Laos and/or Burma also has kickboxing which allows knees, elbows, throws, even headbutts were legal under traditional Burmese boxing rules.

Last edited:

He isn't better on that night then if he can't prevent elbows.

Like the other guy said, the damage was done standing. You're like those gun control nuts that make stuff up in fairy tale land.

But, but, he got "destroyed" by Cain's incredible punches! look how hurt he looks!!!

268185_10151309602267512_194999888_n.jpg

cool pic
nelson came to spend some time with jds? nice

Back