Jds longest UFC HW streak of all time

E Undead

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Dude won 9 in a row before Cain 2. Is there anyone coming close in UFC HW history? Cain had 7, Arlovski once was on a 6 fight win streak, Werdum had 6

Dude won 9 in a row before Cain 2. Is there anyone coming close in UFC HW history? Cain had 7, Arlovski once was on a 6 fight win streak, Werdum had 6

Yes I think you're correct.

That was also, without a doubt, the most glorious road to the title in UFC HW history.
Maybe in the whole UFC history as well - except Conor (because love or hate - never UFC had so many eyes on a challenger)

I cant think of a longer one. Stipe and Francis both had 6 in a row. Big Tim had a long run too but I'm not sure how long.

I think you answered your own question :) Cain's 7 is close. Stipe also had 6 with a decent amount coming in the form of title defenses.

Randy had 7 UFC wins in a row, but he lost in other orgs in between them
Mark Coleman & Don Frye went 6 but before weight classes

And people on here were really calling Stipe the HW GOAT for beating Werdum running in with his hands down, no chin Overeem an Arlovski, Ngannou (Power but poor technique, poor stamina, little to no grappling) and a bunch of lower level/past their prime fighters.

JDS had probably the hardest road to the title for a guy that was undefeated in the UFC. All eyes were on giants like Lesnar and Carwin, and on untapped markets with Cain. Even if he is 1-2 against him, I still put JDS over Cain in all time heavyweight rankings.

Yes I think you're correct.

That was also, without a doubt, the most glorious road to the title in UFC HW history.
Maybe in the whole UFC history as well - except Conor (because love or hate - never UFC had so many eyes on a challenger)

Werdum, Struve, Cro Cop, Yvel, Gonzaga, Nelson, Shane, Cain, Mir

All stoppages except Shane and Roy

That's pretty fucking amazing

JDS had probably the hardest road to the title for a guy that was undefeated in the UFC. All eyes were on giants like Lesnar and Carwin, and on untapped markets with Cain.

Actually eyes were on all 4 of them. All 4 made a new HW generation, replacing others in title picture like Mir, Nog, Gonzaga and (ironically) Werdum.
There were a lot of talks on why the f**k JDs doesn't get a title shot. Pretty much every time he got another matchup after beating Cro Cop.

I remember in some interview where he said pretorian gave him sponsorship because they give one only to true warriors,#WARCIGANO.

Werdum, Struve, Cro Cop, Yvel, Gonzaga, Nelson, Shane, Cain, Mir

All stoppages except Shane and Roy

That's pretty fucking amazing

Yes. It felt great.
Those were the days when we all thought that glorious new breed of MMA stars is coming...

yeah its the longest. people forget how good he was. his run was amazing to watch too since he was ko'ing dudes left and right aside from carwin and nelson - 2 iron chinned mf's who JDS probably took a few years off their lives with those fights lol. he put a beating on both of them.

2nd best ufc hw ever behind cain at his best - and im a stipe fan. but he aint touching jds when he was on fire

I remember in some interview he said pretorian gave him sponsorship because they give one only to true warriors,#WARCIGANO.

giphy.gif

The GOAT UFC HW run imo.

And people on here were really calling Stipe the HW GOAT for beating Werdum running in with his hands down, no chin Overeem an Arlovski, Ngannou (Power but poor technique, poor stamina, little to no grappling) and a bunch of lower level/past their prime fighters.

no, people are calling him the UFC GOAT because he has more title defenses than anyone else, including JDS and Cain.

come on man, at least get the facts straight.

people are NOT calling him the UFC GOAT for the reasons you suggest.

i think JDS has the best win streak of all time in the UFC.

Last edited:
I loved JDS pre-USADA run. My favorite part of pre-USADA JDS was Dana white saying it was a good thing JDS knocked out injured Cain on the first Fox Sports card because the fans are retarded

yeah its the longest. people forget how good he was. his run was amazing to watch too since he was ko'ing dudes left and right aside from carwin and nelson - 2 iron chinned mf's who JDS probably took a few years off their lives with those fights lol. he put a beating on both of them.

2nd best ufc hw ever behind cain at his best - and im a stipe fan. but he aint touching jds when he was on fire

I would've really appreciated to see Miocic fighting pre-Cain-2 JDS - fast, killing combos JDS, Visana Piccozi married JDS.

Here is the woman that led JDS in his glory days! (should've never left her)
Cigano-Junior-Dos-Santos-Ex-wife-Vilsana.jpg

It was a hell of a ride. I thought he would defend that belt for many years, but Cain came back and brutalized him twice <DCrying><2>

Back