JDS is the HW version of prime Chuck

chuck was more of a counter puncher while jds is more of the aggressor

but they both do ko their opponents and have great tdd

Almost impossible to take down very accurate very hard hitting counter puncher.

JDS is the new era's version of Fedor. I've thought he's very similar since the first time watching him fight. Extremely well-rounded, and some also called JDS a "wild" striker.

chuck obviously has the better haircut

Agred. also, Chuck was not a boxer, he was a karate guy at his roots. And beyond that, the level of training for a guy like JDS now is so far beyond what it was even in the mid 2000's. The level of professionalism and specialization now is amazing, I mean chuck was training with a karate instructor in a beach town in central California. Hackleman obviously helped Chuck a lot, and I mean no disrespect, but guys now are training with world class boxers. chuck came up in an era where guys had jobs beyond fighting, and he is one of the big reasons why guys now don't have to work other jobs. imagine if Chuck would have come up in the current era with his physical gifts along with his desire to be all that he could be with all that modern fighters have at their disposal. chuck would have been great in any era.

All of that & imagine if he started training mma in his teens or even early twenties. I will always wonder what a prime Chuck in his twenties could have done.

JDS is the new era's version of Fedor. I've thought he's very similar since the first time watching him fight. Extremely well-rounded, and some also called JDS a "wild" striker.

I feel he's like Fedor as well, he just displays that raw viciousness that I had only seen Fedor exhibit in his fights.

I don't really think any version (young or old) of Chuck was a better striker than JDS. We will never really know, but it just seems like all fighters in general have evolved. They are better today because of the fighters of yesterday.

My honest opinion of Chuck was he was a big guy with heavy hands and a good chin. He was at his best when he countered, threw mostly looping punches and like everyone says had a bad habit of dropping his hands on the exit. When the talent pool got bigger, opponents picked up on it immediately and he continually got caught and often KO'd.

JDS seems to be a much more methodical boxer.

There are two versions of Chuck Liddell, young chuck and old chuck.

Young Chuck was a better striker then JDS, he kickboxed and striked very well. What people forget was how good a kickboxer Chuck use to be when he was young and that version of Chuck was a better striker then JDS and he use to be fast.

As he got older, he just relied on his boxing but young chuck was a better striker then JDS now. Chuck use to be a very good kickboxer, I dont know why he threw his kickboxing game away.

jds has better boxing than chuck. and more discipline

i agree with this, JDS hits harder obviously because he is bigger but aside from that they share a lot of similarities.

JDS is a much better technical boxer. Chuck was always a stalking counter striker with an unorthodox hands low style that cost him later in his career.

He is even better than that. JDS has a granite chin, black belt in BJJ, and has better footwork.

actually JDS hasn't been tested that much chin wise. chuck hadone of the hardest chins ever. watch his first rampage fight and belfort fight. today? not anymore..

actually JDS hasn't been tested that much chin wise. chuck hadone of the hardest chins ever. watch his first rampage fight and belfort fight. today? not anymore..

I think JDS has had his chin tested, but your right, Chuck used to have a great chin.

He took some shots from Cro Cop, that has to count for something.

Minus bad striking defense and having to rely on a chin instead of blocking punches the likes of Vernon Tiger White throw at you.

Has anyone even tested Juniors chin?

He took a flush shot against Carwin in the 2nd round of their fight and ate a few of Nelsons, so I think he can take a shot, though that doesnt count for too mux at HW it only takes 1

I think JDS likes to fight as the agressor, backing his opponent up, while Chuck would do better counter-striking.
Just a small difference, but yea, both have solid boxing and great TDD.

I think its a fair comparison, i just think JDS is better.

Back