JDS is still a contender so why...

Egészségére!

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
JDS is still a contender so why is he rarely mentioned around here any more? Like he's washed-up or something? He's won 5 of last 7, is on a 3-fight win streak with last two tko's including the #5 HW

HeavyWigglyChameleon-size_restricted.gif

Plus he's not old:

Romero - 42
DC - 40
GSP - 38
Edgar - 37
Woodley - 37
Cerrone - 36
Miocic - 36
JDS - 35
Ngannou - 32

So what's the deal? He outclasses Ngannou by a mile then probably gets a title shot against Stipe after DC either loses or retires. He's 1-1 against Miocic, who is older than him.

Seems very possible JDS will be champ again and probably defend for awhile.

iu

LHW and HW in general are both pretty much wastelands so don't get talked about as much as the deep, beast-rich divisions like FW, LW, WW and MW.

You make a good case for Junior though.

He's definitely still top 10 but I'm not sure if he's a contender for the title yet. He hasn't been on a win streak since losing to Cain in the rematch back in 2012 but has looked good in the past year and a half. Fancis is the right test for him now and if he beats him convincingly then he should get a title shot. JDS was tko'ed by Overeem and Stipe, and Fancis looks to still be improving so I'm not sure who's going to win. It's either going to be JDS via boxing or Francis via power

Anyone is a contender at HW. You could get a titleshot of 1 or 2 wins in that division.

People dont think he can pass Francis.. its a huge test that will define his future

The problem is that in that gif he is beating a certified can. JDS just has lost the hype he did when he fought Cain trilogy, after that he had some KO losses. Usually after KO loss people are said to be washed. But of course we get to see where he stands after Ngannou fight.

LHW and HW in general are both pretty much wastelands so don't get talked about as much as the deep, beast-rich divisions like FW, LW, WW and MW.

That is number one bogus. If HW's are low level athletes, so are those other divisions too. I'm sick of shertards comlaining about the HW's. Get out of the bubble and see the whole state of MMA as a comlplete.

He busted for roids and fought 7 times in last 6 years,He had his times great UFC 1st fight a very solid run got the belt and his rivaly with Cain was awesome but looks like his time is over

The problem is that in that gif he is beating a certified can. JDS just has lost the hype he did when he fought Cain trilogy, after that he had some KO losses. Usually after KO loss people are said to be washed. But of course we get to see where he stands after Ngannou fight.

That is number one bogus. If HW's are low level athletes, so are those other divisions too. I'm sick of shertards comlaining about the HW's. Get out of the bubble and see the whole state of MMA as a comlplete.
<{Joewithit}>
How is a title challenger with a 12-4 UFC record, 10 finishes, with wins over 3 M-1 and one Bellator champ, as well as wins over UFC vets like Nelson and Ngannou, a certified can?

Especially when saying the HW divison is deep and as talent-rich as the other weightclasses, that makes no sense at all.

<DisgustingHHH>

Too many ups and downs. Degraded a lot. Chin wasted. Got older. Didn't improve. A gatekeeper material. HW alwyas suxed.

him and overeem are not like they used to since usada came but they are still top contenders because their skills are still better than 95% of the division.

JDS is still dangerous but Id say hes operating at like 60% of what he was before Cain and USADA came around.

He's gonna KO Ngannou and I'm gonna be one of the guys who knew and called it.

He still has power and good technique. But the difference in speed and movement compared to prime JDS is very obvious.

He's a HW he'll always be dangerous but I think Cain took his soul in that 3rd fight.

Hes a shell of his former self. The division is just so shit that all these guys can still put runs together and look decent every now and then until they run into Ngannou, Stipe or DC.

It's hard to get your cred up after being completely destroyed TWICE by the sea level HW GOAT.

Cain's goal in this world was to get rid of Lesnar and downgrade JDS. He then became obsolete instantly.

Back