JDS = iron chin, or Cain = pillow fist?

Apparently JDS has pillow hands because he couldn't put away Nelson or Carwin :rolleyes:

I don't think this is a valid argument. JDS has clearly shown in other fights that he has one punch knockout power.

If you've watched Cain fight before this question shouldn't even arise.

A "fedor-like" chin? are you serious? Of all the fighters with weak chins you pick the guy who got finished once at the end of his career... and it was a highly arguable stoppage? I'm outta here.

He got hit with a punch he hasn't seen, from behind too, this shyt would have probably dropped Anderson Silva too and I rate him as one of the best chins out there.

Those pillow fists really fucked up JDS's face.

I dont think you can be a well train heavy weights who have knocked down quite a few fighters, and be called pillow fist..

also: i dont think anyone who train for real would make claim like this..

JDS comes from a long line of Brazilians who have perfected the standing KO. Nog is another example of a fighter who can continue fighting while "KO'd". The fight should have been stopped well into the 3rd. JDS is only going to suffer mentally if he continues to fight like that.

JDS checked out in the 1st round. Everything from that punch on was instinct.

I had him winning before that punch.

Pillow-fisted? Anyone that even thinks about asking that must be the kind of person that uses hyperbole to the extent that words lose their meaning.

Carwin and Nelson both landed power punches and neither were able to drop JDS. Cain did. Cain hits hard.

He doesn't hit very hard but he throws punches in bunches that accumulate damage and most people get overwelmed more then KO'd

Cain is NOT pillow fisted, he is just no Manhoef

JDS has an awesome chin but he is not prime Hunt.

http://www.combatechnique.fr/wp-content/uploads/FedorvsHendo.gif[/IMG]

Lol explain to me how fedor wasnt' ko'd then woke up by follow up punches.

Its called science. Thats not how your brain works. A knockout is caused by trauma to your brain/brain stem that basically overloads your nervous system and forces it to shut down. Causing even more trauma does not make it restart. I mean, forget science just common sense alone says there is no logic to that whatsoever. You hit a guy once and it caused his body to basically shut down. So doing the exact same thing is somehow going to reverse that? Thats like saying you got a headache by bashing your head into a wall so you are going to cure your headache by bashing your head in to a wall.

Its not like you are sleeping and someone can wake you up with outside stimulus. Your are unconscious because your brain and nervous system has basically been short circuited.

Clearly you've never trained striking at all or long at all. Happens ALL the time.

Clearly you have never studied medicine or biology or even basic human anatomy and get all your medical knowledge from The Flintstones.

Just because someone regains consciousness as someone is hitting them doesnt mean it was the hitting that made them regain consciousness. It just means that it was at that particular time when their nervous system "restarted", for lack of a better word.

Last edited:
Lol to Fedor like chin. He was rocked bad against a japanese journeyman. Also ko'd by a guy that is a natural mw and lost to jake shields.

Also Cain has 9 tko/ko's in his 11 wins so he OBVIOUSLY has pillow fist. Also sports science said he had the hardest registered punch ever if you want raw data.

Look at JDS' face for his chin too. He has been tagged by guys like CC and Yvel too let alone others.

It doesn't have to be one or the other. The guy can still hit hard and the other guy can have a great chin. Like AA vs Sylvia 2.

Right, because Henderson doesn't have a legendarily powerful right hand. The Shields loss has absolutely no bearing on the point you are trying to make. I love this post though because I am using it as an example in every "white belts are soooo dumb" thread from now on to show how someone with a black belt can be borderline retarded.

Back