JDS = iron chin, or Cain = pillow fist?

i think JDS' chin is getting a little too much credit here...i dont question his heart at all, but if Cain had stayed in the pocket & kept punching rather than 1-2 smother i think he would have KO'ed JDS...but out of respect for JDS' one punch KO power, he smartly kept smothering

Cain has plenty of power.

If Brock had one quarter of the heart that JDS has, he would still be champion.

Pillowfists?! Are people fucken serious around here. Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Fuckbrains. UFC HW champion of the world - Pillowfists. The shit i hear these days is just dumb.

Apparently JDS has pillow hands because he couldn't put away Nelson or Carwin :rolleyes:

Definitely don't think Cain has pillow-fists, I just think JDS has a really good chin and showed brilliant heart to stay in that fight.

If you think Fedor had a weak chin then your stupidity speaks for it's self.

Not "weak" but FAR from the best chin in MMA.

Lol fedor fan boys get so mad when you say he isn't the best at everything which he clearly isn't. Amazing fighter but best in all categories? Please

Probably the same one that teaches you that you can regain consciousness by being punched again.

http://www.combatechnique.fr/wp-content/uploads/FedorvsHendo.gif[/IMG]

Lol explain to me how fedor wasnt' ko'd then woke up by follow up punches.

Clearly you've never trained striking at all or long at all. Happens ALL the time.

KO once after 10 years and a 30 plus fight career = Epic fail on your part.

To a guy who couldn't finish a WW shields.........just saying.

Fedor has just an average chin and was never caught clean by a ko artists until then. His defense was amazing but his chin was not.

and rocking Nog these days is hardly a good measure of punching power.

dafuq, nogueira been koed 2 times in 41 career fights, by cain and mir, both of whom hit hard. nog just took the best from schaub and herman (both of whom hit hard) and won both fights.

Well, the only ones I can think of are Nog and Rothwell. Rothwell was a premature stoppage, and rocking Nog these days is hardly a good measure of punching power.

Oh, and Brock. Brock was cut from a knee, not a punch, and due to his limited experience he didn't know what to do other than curl up in a ball. But I think that fight supports the argument that Cain lacks power since he hit Brock cleanly with at least a dozen power shots and Brock wasn't really in danger of getting knocked out. His defense just completely sucked.

He didn't rock Big Nog you moron. HE KNOCKED HIM OUT.

Nog has outboxed Mir, Scaub and Herman since then. What indication is there that Big Nog's chin is shot?

None.

Cain dropped Brock for the TKO win with a combo way after Brock got caught with the knee. You obviously did not see that fight.

Your stupid thread is just a cover up for you to say Cain has pillow hands while trying to avoid getting flame.

After watching the fight last night, I'm unsure whether to think that JDS has a Fedor-like chin or whether to think that Velasquez just doesn't hit very hard.

I would think that JDS has a brick for a chin except for the Cain/Kongo fight, in which once again Cain hit someone hundreds of times on the chin and didn't really hurt them.

In the first round JDS was clearly rocked; however, Cain hit him with an overhand right straight on the button (base of the jaw). Anyone taking that kind of hit from a heavyweight SHOULD be KOed...

Also, JDS was gassed for 4 entire rounds and Cain couldn't put him away--that and the fact that JDS didn't really feel the need to attempt to block any of Cain's punches.

Yes, I realize that JDS had a swollen face, but he did get punched there a few hundred times.

And so, does JDS have an iron chin, or does Velasquez hit like a sack of sponges? If anyone wants to make a poll, feel free.

Neither. Cain hits hard and JDS can take a punch. But after the 2nd round Cain was clearly gassed. I've seen tons of posts today arguing he wasn't and I don't know why. After the 2nd round Cain still landed tons of clean strikes but couldn't drop Junior. He just didn't have the energy left like in the 1st round when he pummeled him.

Cain could have finished him at anytime after the first round, but he kept on trying to take him down which was unsuccessful most of the time especially with no set up and clinching with him which favored JDS (giving JDS time to recover). After seeing JDS wobble like a zombie after the first round, he should have had no fear in taking it to his chin, but instead elected to prove that he was this great wrassler and that he could take down the mythical JDS.

If GSP is fighting, pillow hands

If BJ is fighting, iron chin

He didn't rock Big Nog you moron. HE KNOCKED HIM OUT.

Nog has outboxed Mir, Scaub and Herman since then. What indication is there that Big Nog's chin is shot?

None.
Wow... if you really think Nog's chin is anywhere close to what it was back in the day then you shouldn't be watching MMA.

Wow... if you really think Nog's chin is anywhere close to what it was back in the day then you shouldn't be watching MMA.

Theres no evidence to prove his chin is worse.

Cain is a far superior fighter to Nog, he connected flush, and would have knocked out any imaginary version of Nog you can think of.

Well, the only ones I can think of are Nog and Rothwell. Rothwell was a premature stoppage, and rocking Nog these days is hardly a good measure of punching power.

Really? Because Nog has been KO'd so many times since the Cain fight. Your point is not a very good one. JDS has eaten big shots from guys who are known to have power like Roy Nelson, Cro Cop, and Carwin and barely flinched. Cain drops him and has him stumbling back to his corner and he doesn't hit hard?

JDS took a ton of punishment. Cain punched himself out in the first round trying to finish. As gassed as they both were, they were willing themselves the distance.

I think a lot of fighters would have stayed down and let the ref stop the fight but JDS kept on trying. Cain punched himself out like Carwin in the Lesnar fight but he has superior cardio so was able to keep up a hell of a pace even though his punches lost steam.

I never said it was the same from his Pride days you imbecile. But at the same time there is no evidence to prove that either.

I simply stated however that Big Nog's chin is far from being shot. And that it would take a powerful shot to knock him the f'ck out like Cain did.

Back