JDS = iron chin, or Cain = pillow fist?

JDS took big shots from Nelson and Carwin and didn't go down. I'd say his chin is pretty solid.

Lol to Fedor like chin. He was rocked bad against a japanese journeyman. Also ko'd by a guy that is a natural mw and lost to jake shields.

Also Cain has 9 tko/ko's in his 11 wins so he OBVIOUSLY has pillow fist. Also sports science said he had the hardest registered punch ever if you want raw data.

Look at JDS' face for his chin too. He has been tagged by guys like CC and Yvel too let alone others.

It doesn't have to be one or the other. The guy can still hit hard and the other guy can have a great chin. Like AA vs Sylvia 2.

If you think Fedor had a weak chin then your stupidity speaks for it's self.

If you think Fedor had a weak chin then your stupidity speaks for it's self.

FedorvsHendo.gif

A "fedor-like" chin? are you serious? Of all the fighters with weak chins you pick the guy who got finished once at the end of his career... and it was a highly arguable stoppage? I'm outta here.

He was saying Fedor has a good chin.

I love that Fedor fans still call that stoppage as "iffy" lol. Can you explain to me what MMA school teaches you to get hit on the button blindly then fall completely limp to the floor until the guy on top of you wakes you up with the next punch? I'm just curious is all.

Probably the same one that teaches you that you can regain consciousness by being punched again.

I would say JDS has a very good chin.....because by the looks of his face after the fight, Cain hits plenty hard enough....Junior's face looked like 5 miles of gravel road....& the look of fear, trepidation & dread on his face after round 1, wasn't very attractive either....

JDS has an Iron Chin. He has been tagged hard. Cain knocking him down shows that CAIN has huge power, but JDS has an Iron Chin. Sports Science did a special on Cain and showed he has BIG POWER in his hands. So calling Cain pillowfisted is just stupid. Anyone else would have been done by the shots he hit JDS with. JDS has a busted face but his heart and chin kept him from being finished

cain-velasquez_rodrigo-nogueira.gif

But then again, Nog never could take a good shot.

lol

i think JDS just showed a lot of heart while cain fought a smart fight

After watching the fight last night, I'm unsure whether to think that JDS has a Fedor-like chin or whether to think that Velasquez just doesn't hit very hard.

I would think that JDS has a brick for a chin except for the Cain/Kongo fight, in which once again Cain hit someone hundreds of times on the chin and didn't really hurt them.

In the first round JDS was clearly rocked; however, Cain hit him with an overhand right straight on the button (base of the jaw). Anyone taking that kind of hit from a heavyweight SHOULD be KOed...

Also, JDS was gassed for 4 entire rounds and Cain couldn't put him away--that and the fact that JDS didn't really feel the need to attempt to block any of Cain's punches.

Yes, I realize that JDS had a swollen face, but he did get punched there a few hundred times.

And so, does JDS have an iron chin, or does Velasquez hit like a sack of sponges? If anyone wants to make a poll, feel free.

No Poll necessary! I am reminded of the JDS/Big Country fight.....did JDS KO BC....hell no! Does that mean JDS has pillow fists? Hell NO! Does it mean BC has an iron jaw? Probably....so there...does that satisfy you?

Cain is the only fighter to drop JDS. He definitely doesn't have pillow fists.

JDS chin > Roy Nelson chin. I truly believe that after last night. Best chin in the HW division, Cain has wicked power but JDS seems to be un-KO-able

Have you seen Jds face the last 24 hours ts? Cain can hit

Back