JDS: I want a rubber match

He did stop it until he ate a monster punch and turned into a zombie.

didn't velasquez take dos santos down on his first try, and before that big punch?

i could be wrong, but i distinctly remember cain grabbing a single and taking him down.

I don't think there's any doubt that he's going to get a rubber match with Cain whether he has to fight someone else first or not- they're unquestionably the two best heavyweights in MMA right now.

I don't think there's any doubt that he's going to get a rubber match with Cain whether he has to fight someone else first or not- they're unquestionably the two best heavyweights in MMA right now.

Agreed. JDS has already DESTROYED most of the other top 10. I don't know why people want Werdum RM, Jds already completely destroyed him with ease.

JDS will get his rematch, but first he should get a tune-up fight and then a number one contender fight.

JDS is the man, but I think he should be patient and face another opponent before Cain.

no way he gets an immediate rematch, not after that beatdown. but i wouldn't be surprised if he only has to fight (and win) once before getting the rubber match.

I'd like to see Werdum fight either Cain or JDS but that damn show lasts too damn long.

Werdum beat Overeem so I don't know why everyone wants to see Overeem fight one of these guys.

Jds should get the winner of struve vs hunt .. if hunt wins the fans finally get their favorite matchup . Not sure if struve is ready for the rematch ,but still deserves it after a 5 win streak .

Junior will face Cain again without question. Junior is one of those guys who I can only see being a challenger or champion, best or second best. He will eventually face Cain, immediate rematch or not.

JDS has a broken jaw and has taken a ton of damage. He won't be back in at least 6 months, probably more. Si yeah, Cain will defend the belt vs someone else.

he should at least get 1-2 fights in before that happens.

JDS will def get his rematch (or title shot). They'll probably put him against Werdum for a title eliminator and JDS will finish him again for the shot against Overeem/Cain winner (assuming Overeem makes it to the fight and wins).

Cormier is the only wildcard here.

JDS should win a fight before facing Cain, and only 1 fight because Cain was knocked out and only had to win 1 fight before facing Velaquez.

I don't even know if I'll have the energy to pirate this rubber match if it happens; JDS needs a solid bounce back win before I personally find any excitement in seeing this fight again. Im kind of being a negative nancy though, JDS has the tools to beat Cain, but back to the drawing board he needs to go.

I would be okay for a rematch after one fight if JDS defeats Barnett or Cormier.

Back