JDS "I used the wrong strategy ...want a rematch"

Well said. I agree except I think one win is enough. That's all Cain needed.

That's all he needed because there was no other viable heavyweight available.

Cain's win was very impressive and JDS took a real beating but I still think 1 round knockout is stronger statement in terms of a fight sport.

JDS still has to earn it but, he definitely deserves a rematch. ( Not an immediate one though,)

Cain's win was very impressive and JDS took a real beating but I still think 1 round knockout is stronger statement in terms of a fight sport.

JDS still has to earn it but, he definitely deserves a rematch. ( Not an immediate one though,)

Not really. Especially when we're talking about heavyweights, an early knockout isn't really indicative of who the better fighter is, it's just indicative of who got a good punch in first. A bell to bell domination where one fighter is clearly out of the other's league is better evidence in terms of who the better fighter is.

it's just indicative of who got a good punch in first. A bell to bell domination where one fighter is clearly out of the other's league is better evidence in terms of who the better fighter is.

Do you think the fight would have gone the same way if Cain did not land that shot in the 1st round?

Both Cain and JDS took a HUGE shot in 1st round, got dropped, and pounded on.

JDS survived and Cain didn't.

War JDS. Good interview, he is telling us the truth and what everything saw on that fight, no excusses, that's pretty good.

He needs two good wins before he gets one. He was completely outclassed for 5 rounds. At least with Cain, there was always that sense of wonder about how the fight would have looked like if it went on for more than 1 minute.

Cool i think he should get someone coming off a win, then i think he's ready to go.

Exactly why I said he lost. Glad he recgonize a it himself an plans to fix it instead of listening to the morons on here.

You're a bottom feeding scum sucker if you listen to people on Sherdog telling a one time UFC champion how to change his gameplan. Especially the heavyweight champ.

He needs two good wins before he gets one. He was completely outclassed for 5 rounds. At least with Cain, there was always that sense of wonder about how the fight would have looked like if it went on for more than 1 minute.

It works both ways. What if Junior connected in round one instead of Cain. Would Cain have been able to recover? We'll never know.

Seems like he fought the same way he fought in all of his other fights including the first fight he won against Cain.

I'm sure he'll attempt to be a more diversified fighter in the future and show off his bjj blackbelt....or he'll just continue to be a two dimensional "boxer" with good takedown defense. Funny how JDS is considered the new breed with his style of fighting but Rampage is considered someone that didn't "evolve" when they both do nothing but "box" and try to defend takedowns.

Jds did pretty well nothing to counter cain's striking, he just held his hands low to stop the take down and when he finally was dropped Cain started to take over, if he actually tried to incorporate some head movement or kept his hands up and more used a sprawl instead of under hooks he'd probably be able to beat Cain again.

Sadly JDS had beat a lot of people already who he could fight to warrant a rematch
ex.
Struve
Big Country
Werdum

so he may get a rematch but not with Cain

he could face Brown who just got kTFO by big foot

Not really. Especially when we're talking about heavyweights, an early knockout isn't really indicative of who the better fighter is, it's just indicative of who got a good punch in first. A bell to bell domination where one fighter is clearly out of the other's league is better evidence in terms of who the better fighter is.

100% agree. Good post

Cain, seems to me, is a more cerebral fighter than JDS is

F#$k it......JDS in the 3rd fight.....he blasts Cain like he did the 1st time. No F$$King around being worried about this and that....just go in there and blast the guy.

I feel like JDS was sick or something. He gassed so fast something had to be up. Either way, good win for Cain

Cains crazy pressure and pace is what was up.

Cain was beating him to the punch from the get go. Those failed shoots make it appear that JDS was winning in the beginning, but imo Cain was outstriking JDS long before that big punch landed, that people claim is what turned the fight in Cains favor.

I was blown away by Cains performance.

Not sure what JDS can do differently than hope he lands that big shot early. If loosing muscle will give him more speed and cardio that would be good.

Back