JDS "I used the wrong strategy ...want a rematch"

He needs to use the same game plan cain used on him.. Go out there and pressure him until he makes a mistake and then capitalize on it...

yea if he wants to win next time he needs to train same style Cain uses otherwise he will end up losing unless he connects a good punch or Cain appears in not so good shape next fight

Outcome will be the same. No re-match needed. Move along JDS your ship has sailed.

Cain has super duper recovery time. he got kod by jds after every punch in the first fight but he woke ip before the next shot connected. glass chin with ultra fast recovery. If you don't believe me watch the kongo fight he dropped like he was done then shot a takedown a hald second later

in time this will become obvious to everyone

JDS had his hands low. can't blame him becuz he ran thru everyone with that strategy. but Cain was not intimidated and exposed that weakness in JDS' game. if he doesn't change his positioning of his hands he will never b champ again but something tells me we will come back better in his next fight

"hands up!"

"tuck your chin!"

Quote from SammyPops, 29 December 2013

JDS looked mentally done after getting dropped in the first round. He had never been hurt by anybody like that in a fight. I'm sure it caused him to go into a shock and fight differently than he originally planned for.
However, it looked like there wasn't much of a gameplan other than the usual "go out there, box, and knock him the hell out." Cain neutralized that and will probably do the same again in a rubber match if JDS doesn't come with a more diversified attack.

Sure, I'll give you that, but from my perspective, I can't get excited about and won't be shelling out $55 to watch an immediate rematch after JDS got beat down like that.

He's got to win a couple in a row to make that fight interesting.

Right. If the UFC believes that a substantial amount of fans agree with you, then the fight won't happen. That's the only point. If people want to see the rematch, it will happen. My only point (and the other guy's point) is that it is not a matter of who deserves it, but what fights do the fans want. We see this all the time, but yet so many sherdoggers cling to "who deserves it", which is really just their own subjective opinion. And that's fine, but it's not reality.

BTW, I agree with you. Cain dominated him and I don't want an immediate rematch either.

Cain has super duper recovery time. he got kod by jds after every punch in the first fight but he woke ip before the next shot connected. glass chin with ultra fast recovery. If you don't believe me watch the kongo fight he dropped like he was done then shot a takedown a hald second later

in time this will become obvious to everyone

Yea thats something really impressive Cain posses the super fast recovery time and that's so good for MMA cause it kinds of trick the opponent like if they got it

anyway we know JDS has so far the best boxing in HW division but they trained Cain so well mixing up takedowns with good wild striking game, kicks and everything that it ended up frustrating JDS completely.

even if jds used bjj, cain's too good on the ground for him and would have beat him up. this was the reason jds didn't play the ground game. imo it takes a true bjj master who has a really good defensive guard to neutralise cain's top game. someone who doesn't get hit there and has nasty submissions off their back.

Hope there is a rematch, wouldnt look much different

That's what a lot of people where saying about the second fight ... and it turned out VERY different.

Good thing fights are decided in the Octagon and not here on the message boards.

So yea ... wouldn't surprise me if a third fight ends up different again.

It's dumb, but it's the reality. You keep your hands down, you get punched in the face, you keep your hands up, you're in the ground faster than you can blink. Not everybody can sprawl with the hands protecting the face.

Cigano was in defense mode the whole fight. The most difficult fight to watch this year being a jds fan and fan of MMA.

I've only watched the fight once and from what I remember he didn't block or avoid any of Cain's punches. He took every single one of them. It wasn't until the 5th round he started to avoid getting hit but the damage was already done.

Hopefully this fight lights a fire under his ass.

Like it happened to Cain he should fight another opponent, if he wins then make the rubber match happen.

JDS needs at least 1 whole year of full training to learn something to fight Cain back, if he pretends to come back and win with hes same style of fighting then JDS has brain damage

That's what a lot of people where saying about the second fight ... and it turned out VERY different.

Good thing fights are decided in the Octagon and not here on the message boards.

So yea ... wouldn't surprise me if a third fight ends up different again.

He will get his rematch, and he will get outworked again.

Yes, JDS beat him the first time... when Cain was injured, and couldn't use his bread and butter attacks.

You saw, just like Rogan said, what happens when Cain is healthy.

JDS will not beat Cain again. He will go fight Overeem, get blasted, and then settle in to his gatekeeper role.

He's too emotionally weak to be the champ again. The moment Cain started connecting with punches, you could see it in JDS's eyes: he was mentally broken. In literally 2 minutes, he was mentally broken.

Sad.

You couldn't make the stuff some people post of this board up.

He said he was feeling good.

I trust JDS more than you. Who are you?

Don't be an asshole. I wasn't stating my opinion/comment as fact in any sense of the word despite what JDS said about himself something still seemed off.

Besides, the way fighters talk about themselves whether it be about their injuries going into the fight OR how they performed or didn't perform means jack shit.

despite what JDS said about himself something still seemed off.

Wanna know what was "off"?

JDS, like Brock when he fought Cain, realized that his one big trick isn't getting the job done.

Within 2 minutes, JDS realized that not only can he not seem to land the big punch, but Cain is, in fact, landing them at will.

JDS was terrified in there. He had no idea what to do, he was being out-punched, he was dropped... and he could literally do NOTHING against the man in the cage with him.

Yeah, something was "off". JDS went from a lion to a lamb.

He was in his best shape ever,he said it himself.What was wrong?

He certainly looked in shape and healthy but he looked alot bigger to me and I'm just curious if that affected his cardio and the way he movies on the feet period. I don't know, I guess I expected something more given his past performances in relation to this one.

I know, I know...he said himself "I was in the best shape of my life" blah blah blah and maybe he was but I just can't help but think something was off or wrong. Just a weird fight to me and not what I was expecting. Good for Cain for sure.

Outcome will be the same. No re-match needed. Move along JDS your ship has sailed.

Someone is scared to see another 64 seconds....

I'm not a fan of either one but looking back at their first 2 fights, I'd pick JDS in the 3rd. Why? He dropped Cain with one shot, Cain could not take him out even though he rocked the hell out of him in the first and after that it was like shooting fish in the barrel.

People make it sound like Cain dominating for 5 rounds was a BETTER performance than the way JDS won? If Cain had somehow survived the first punch, and wobbled his way through 5 rounds after that, he would have gotten murdered even worse. JDS was able to survive what Cain threw at him, Cain was not.

I'm a fan of both guys actually.

Became a BIG fan of Cain when he murdered Lesnar

Became a BIG fan of JDS when he murdered Roy Nelson

Back