JDS-Hunt strange issue

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Mike01010101a, Dec 31, 2012.

1. Mike01010101a

Mike01010101a Brown Belt

I was find old sherdog posts from last month about JDS-Hunt and almost everybody wrote then JDS would kill Hunt. (He is the GOAT, Hunt is gatekeeper, and so on).
    Now most of sherdogger think Hunt would knock JDS out. Why?
    Because he lost the world HW title against the world no.1 supermotivated wrestling based fighter in five rounds?
    IMHO is same fighter who was before the fight.

2. SeniorD0sSantos

SeniorD0sSantos Yellow Belt

Because MMA fans are terrible human beings.

3. TheComebackKid

TheComebackKid Titanium Belt

Because they do not realize that it wasn't so much as Cain's kickboxing that gave Junior trouble it was the kickboxing + the wrestling + the constant pressure. Hunt only has one piece of that formula.

4. OldManGrip

OldManGrip Brown Belt

bc they don't think jds can submit him on the ground, and if it stays standing there is a big chance hunt will land. We haven't seen jds' ground game until last fight

5. Podslapper

Podslapper Orange Belt

Bingo. It has always annoyed me how few people on here seem to understand this.

6. FedorGear2ndo

FedorGear2ndo Green Belt

MMA fans have half the attention span of Goldfish. That's why. I love yall, but for serious, yall fickle.

7. Natman2939

Natman2939 Gold Belt

In a small town, in a big country, on a floating o
    it's always sort of cliche around here that most sherdoggers are dumb and don't really understand MMA,

but I swear to God, it's true. It's completely true. Because I find myself having to EXPLAIN this stuff, as if to a child, to 90% of sherdog.

Losing to a wrestler with good striking and amazing cardio means JDS is going to lose to a powerful striker with weak wrestling and weak cardio? Really sherdoggers? Really?

8. Mike01010101a

Mike01010101a Brown Belt

As i see the biggest winner of JDS-Cain is Overeem. Now he is the God of sherdoggers. Wierd! I like Overeem, no offence, he is top 3 fighter but Cain and JDS are top 3 fighters as well.

9. FedorGear2ndo

FedorGear2ndo Green Belt

I have the Reem at #4. Cormier at #3.

...personally. (they're pretty interchangeable really. I just like Daniel a little more.)

10. Break Brick

Break Brick Black Belt

Because MMA fans are the most fickle and fair weather in all of sport.(Speaking in generalities so posters should not be offended if this does not apply to them)

11. Karelinator

Karelinator Bulgarian pursuittt Platinum Member

Well, I would guess that's because on large scale, Sherdoggers intellect is generally lacking, and personal hygiene is poor.

12. Bulkster

Bulkster Orange Belt

Being top 3 doesn't matter much when the top 1 (Overeem) is a huge bulk of chemically induced destruction. Only a matter of time till the strap is his.

13. TheComebackKid

TheComebackKid Titanium Belt

Ironically I think Overeem has a much better chance against Cain than JDS. Cain can't afford to stand around and kickbox with Alistair but if he rushes in for a takedown he liable to catch an uberknee and I don't think he can take more than one or two. JDS on the other hand can definitely find Overeem's sometimes questionable chin.

Throw in Werdum and DC and the HW title picture looks pretty exciting.

14. kingskot

kingskot Brown Belt

Do you have polls, or some statistical analysis showing that that prevailing Sherdog opinion on this has really changed?

15. SUPERCHARGED

SUPERCHARGED Black Belt

I think Hunt can definitely pressure JDS and land some big bombs. The ground game of JDS is of a very,very unknown quality at this time and he did not look good on the ground against Cain at all like he didnt know what he was doing.

Hunt has a solid chin and is technically a better striker than JDS.

16. trojansc82

trojansc82 Purple Belt

Laughable. Mark Hunt is the hardest puncher in the heavyweight division, PERIOD. If he connects, you are going to sleep.

Hunt outboxed Mike Bernardo, formerly ranked in the top 50 of the world in heavyweight boxing.

TS, you are kidding yourself if you think Hunt couldn't beat JDS. Hunt also slapped a kimura on Fedor and almost finished him.

17. Sohei

Sohei A Smocking gun

Yeah but what you dont realize is that while Cain beat on Junior for 5 rounds and couldnt put him away Hunto can with a couple well-placed shots.

Hunts 1 dimension> Cains 2 dimensions

18. blueflame97

blueflame97 Orange Belt

Because sherdoggers have very short term memory.

19. HuMz

HuMz Oldschool Belt

Hunt would destroy JDS regarding of what sherdogers think past, present or future.

20. priderulez

priderulez Brown Belt

Dont bother looking for logic in this forum. You're rarely gonna find any.

That said I am among the posters who were calling for JDS vs Hunt fight for a while now. I am still convinced him and not Frank Mir should have had this title shot.

Here is why I like that fight- not that long ago, before Overeem got in the UFC, Hunt was the only fighter that imho stood a chance of beating JDS standing. It was either he catches JDS or gets outpointed on the outside if JDS decides to stick and move (what I believe his plan against a guy like Hunt should be). Either way would make for pretty interesting boxing match with some GG may be if JDS decides to test his wrestling.