JDS? How it goes from now on?...

BallStone

White Belt
Reaction score
Will JDS fade away from now on or will he fight hes way back to being the champ???

I have the feeling that hes going to lose couple of fights next and then just be the Rashad Evans of heavyweights. And by Rashad evans i mean he is great fighter but not champ material anymore... Not bashing.... What do you think???

The man has destroyed everyone he faced including the current champ. I think he will be fine and will get that rematch after a few fights.

Alright, tell me, then: Who in the HW division besides Cain can beat JDS?

Its the Heavyweight division. You got Cain, JDS, Cormier, and Reem that are well ahead of the rest. I certainly see JDS fighting for the title again. I could see those 4 guys playing hot potato with the belt for a while.

The man has destroyed everyone he faced including the current champ. I think he will be fine and will get that rematch after a few fights.

This.

Hopefully he gets his rematch and makes it 2-1.

But he should destroy 2 other HW's before his shot.

Cain, Overeem and Cornier are the only HWs that could realistically even be competitive with him.

JDS cleaned out the division *before* becoming champ. Only one fighter - Cain - has even made him look human.

JDS will kill anybody he fights not named Cain, Alistair or Cormier.

*Maybe* Hunto would be competitive, due to style matchup. JDS took down Carwin though so I'm not sure.

whats wrong with being the rashad evans of the HW division?

Exactly, don't know why people are saying he is going to lose for now on?...when he destroyed everyone else.

I only see his real problem as being Cain for now on. Most people won't see JDS figuring out how to deal with Cains strategy. Cain has that GSP strategy but can finish you too.

JDS is top 3 any way you look at it. i don't see him falling off the map anytime soon.

he shall now be the chuck Liddell of HW's, henceforth he will lose decisions to gatekeepers and get knocked out.

whats wrong with being the rashad evans of the HW division?

He could be better than this... he has real chances of taking back the belt. Rashad is a good fighter but now he is far from the belt, and he has less chances do beat Bones than JDS has to beat Cain...

He could be better than this... he has real chances of taking back the belt. Rashad is a good fighter but now he is far from the belt, and he has less chances do beat Bones than JDS has to beat Cain...

there is not a jon jones in hw division

cormier cain jds reem werdum all prety close

Oh Don't be ridiculous. One loss does not a poor fighter make. Yes he was demoralised but he has also demoralised everyone at heavyweight not named Cain, hell including Cain at one point although Cain was injured. It's an interesting fact that the two top fighters in the division have yet to fight the same person. Feed him anyone outside the big 3 of Overeem, Cain and Cormier and watch him get back to making mincemeat of people. He will get another title shot and it will be way more competitive but i think it will still be Cain who walks away with the victory

We are just going to have to see how the JDS saga plays out. To Say hes gonna walk all over everybody again is premature. Cain Pretty much showed the rest of the division how to beat JDS. So He very well may lose again before Cain. On the other hand JDS has run a muck on everyone he fought untill he fought Cain the second time. It my be that Cain is the only guy in that division with those explosive takedowns to takedown JDS. All I know is we are gonna have to wait and see but speculating is fun.

We are just going to have to see how the JDS saga plays out. To Say hes gonna walk all over everybody again is premature. Cain Pretty much showed the rest of the division how to beat JDS. So He very well may lose again before Cain. On the other hand JDS has run a muck on everyone he fought untill he fought Cain the second time. It my be that Cain is the only guy in that division with those explosive takedowns to takedown JDS. All I know is we are gonna have to wait and see but speculating is fun.

Who else in the heavyweight division is capable of applying that gameplan? noone thats who

I am pretty sure that if he wins his next fight, he will get a title shot.
Well deserved, if you ask me... if you consider how he dominated the HW division.
Bigfoot Silva is 1-1 in the UFC so i am not impressed, and Overeem's performance in his last two fights against Fabricio Werdum in Strikeforce and Brock Lesnar on UFC 141 did not impress me either.
I think he can beat Overeem and Bigfoot.
Cain will be THE problem again and i am concerned that Juniur will become the Minotauro Nogueira of Pride: only second best behind Fedor.
In this combination: second best behind Cain Velasquez.

Back