JDS hitting pads at ATT Zagreb

His game plan in the Overeem fight was down right atrocious.

His game plan was just fine. Overeem was just the better fighter.

overeem-ko-jds.gif

It's weird, but... Rothwell is one of the rarities that will just keep going until the other guy falls... or gets submitted... and he's like Benjamin Button for fighting age.

Post-Quez JDS will not be able to hang with this HW oddity very long, but will most likely win the first round.

His game plan was just fine. Overeem was just the better fighter.

overeem-ko-jds.gif

No it wasn't. He didn't utilize any of his strengths or attack any of Overeem's weaknesses.

He instead sat on the outside of a dude with greater reach and just waited to get hit until he eventually got dropped.

Who wins this one? JDS or Big Ben?

I wouldn't exactly call these vids/clips/gifs a complete waste of time, but are we really seeing anything spectacular here? This goes for 99% of the "So and So Fighter Hitting Pads" videos.

Couldn't make it past the shitty Brazilian rap.

JDS only seems to get worst

Even his boxing against Overrem was worst, all he thinks about is landing the overhand.

He doesn´t integrate a MMA game, doesn´t flow trhough moves, doesn´t think combos, doesn´t trheat takedowns to keep his oponnents guessing, nothing.

His mind seems like a robot, like: Chase and look for the overhand. Oh, a leg kick. Now chase and look for the overhand. Oh, a jab. Now, chase and look for the overhand.

I´m very disappointed, he was one of my favourites fighters, now looks slow, robotic, single minded.

I think he needs to grow his hair out again and rock the receding hairline, dad style to be a real contender again

He has such a powerful left hook, I think that's his best punch imo. Forget the uppercuts.

He can hit the pads but I'd stay away from ATT's supplements.

JDS only seems to get worst

Even his boxing against Overrem was worst, all he thinks about is landing the overhand.

He doesn´t integrate a MMA game, doesn´t flow trhough moves, doesn´t think combos, doesn´t trheat takedowns to keep his oponnents guessing, nothing.

His mind seems like a robot, like: Chase and look for the overhand. Oh, a leg kick. Now chase and look for the overhand. Oh, a jab. Now, chase and look for the overhand.

I´m very disappointed, he was one of my favourites fighters, now looks slow, robotic, single minded.

Once upon a time, he looked like this. Nice flowing combos & setups, going high-low-body, and could actually fight in the pocket or the inside. And Shogun was pretty badass too.

How did he get KO'd by econoreem

I have no idea, I am still shocked by that fight and how it went down and what a embarrassing loss that was for JDS. It was a fight that was tailor made for him to win by KO. Hopefully they rematch in the future and JDS sets things right.

He always drops his right hand after throwing it. Those two cain fights pretty much ruined him.

rothwell via size and durability

I would put money on the trainer holding the pads to KO JDS.

Dude was manhandling him, out striking him in the horseplay, and already showed better fight IQ by actually circling away from the god damn cage.

JDS looks a bit slower and throwing his punches a bit wider IMO, I think Rothwell could win this...so sad what is happening to the HW division. Everyone looks done aside from Werdum but I feel his time is going to catch up to him soon.

Back