JDS has too much bulky non-functional muscle now

JDS and Cro Cop were so fast, trim, and full of functional muscle when they were younger. When Cro Cop got older, he put all kinds of bodybuilder muscle and slowed down. He became kind of muscle bound. I see the same problem in JDS.

He used to be slim and so fast. Now he's this big bulky guy that has all this beach muscle. It's totally non-functional. He's actually muscle bound enough that he's less powerful than he was when he had all kinds of lean muscle.
It’s helpful to always include a picture when talking about something you want people to view or compare a side by side comparison.

It's a fight night and has:

JDS vs. Blaydes
RDA vs. Chiesa
Arnold Allen vs. Nik Lentz
Sara McMann vs. Lisa Landsberg

That's pretty decent.
The first two fights are intriguing.

but never is a nik lentz or Sara mcman fight in a quality fight for actual mma fans.

it’s a really bad card. I’m not complaining as I will just skip those two fights but nothing decent about the card.

He's wrong about JDS but Crocop did bulk up after the Kongo fight in the UFC.

Post USDA jds looks deflated to me. He doesn't look bulked at all.

This isn't a dig btw. I love jds but I'm just speaking the truth.

I agree. I think he looks really soft. Especially for this fight.

I see JDS getting WRECKED in this fight. Blaydes is young and hungry and only seems to loose to Ngannou, JDS on the other hand seems to be at the tail end of his career.

He looks deflated to me but I think it might be the bald head. It makes the rest of him look weird. He's one of the rare guys that looked better balding than bald.

JDS' problem is he was completely broken after the Cain fights. Just a completely different fighter mentally. He used to be intense and scary. Now he's all smiles and acts like he doesn't care if he wins or loses. Also, he continues to block punches with his face and runs away when his hands down when he's in trouble.

I love the guy but if I were his coach, I'd be drilling nothing but defense until he stops doing that shit.

He looks deflated to me but I think it might be the bald head. It makes the rest of him look weird. He's one of the rare guys that looked better balding than bald.
I never saw somebody mentioning that, but you are right. He looked more intimidating with balding head, than clean shaven.

I never saw somebody mentioning that, but you are right. He looked more intimidating with balding head, than clean shaven.

Balding JDS is the GOAT. Bald JDS looks like your goofy Uncle.

ufc-146-weigh-ins-31-e1552017437440.jpg
Junior-Dos-Santos.jpg

Ugly-Wife-Jds is on Sea-Level-Cain, Motivated-BJ-Penn, TRT-Vitor level of greatness.

Bring her back!

High testosterone, receding hairline JDS was much better. Him and Cain ruined each other.

I love the guy but if I were his coach, I'd be drilling nothing but defense until he stops doing that shit.
What I've observed watching UFC through the years is that most older fighters can't make their poor habits go away, and if they somehow managed to do it, it costs them by severely handicapping their game.
If I were his coach I would make him always go forward, will give him tools and techniques to stand his ground as much as possible, no retreating unless he really needs to. His defense is actually very good, but when he advances. He is aware of the shots, good anticipation, head movement, he angles out... Beautiful stuff.

Back