JDS has the best boxing in history of HW?

2219390461_1.jpg

Young Sergei had the best boxing back in time, he made Rizzo look like an amateur.

I'd say it's between Sergei and JDS.

After seeing your first comment in this thread, I honestly doubt this.

It is up to you to believe something or not to. I am not here to argue. I just expressed my opinion, from what I have seen of Cro Cop and JDS, i like JDS. What else is there to say. I am not pretending to be an MMA guru, but I am entitled to an opinion, and so are you. If it is Cro Cop for you, then fine be it.

It is up to you to believe something or not to. I am not here to argue. I just expressed my opinion, from what I have seen of Cro Cop and JDS, i like JDS. What else is there to say. I am not pretending to be an MMA guru, but I am entitled to an opinion, and so are you. If it is Cro Cop for you, then fine be it.

Of course but that's not what I was getting at. If you really did watch Mirko's fights you'd know that he did have very good hands (thanks in no small part due to his speed). He isn't just known for his kicks, his straight left was an extensively utilised weapon of his.

Having said that I'm not suggesting he had the best hands in MMA, but he was very, very good.

Kharitonov's boxing is severely underrated. I think he was the best boxer at HW, in his prime at least.

In what skills or effectiveness? Just asking.

kharitonov was probably the most skilled technically. Arvloski was the most effective, he had a very good jab, fast overhand and could mix combinations very well like no one else in MMA. That is what was really so effective about Arvloski, it was his combinations, he was a very good boxer.

Last edited:
Seems obvious that Mercer or Toney is/was the best. JDS would get WRECKED boxing either one.

kharitonov was probably the most skilled technically. Arvloski was the most effective, he had a very good jab, fast overhand and could mix combinations. He was probably the best fighter who could mix combinations together.

How was Arlovski the most effective when he has been koed 7 times by some not who were not elite strikers in MMA? If Dos Santos fought him he'd beat him by ko/tko.

I wouldn't have a problem with that. Fedor was a vicious striker in his prime but JDS is better technically, and he also has power and speed. Some other guys can make that claim too but overall i think you could call JDS the best. I think his TDD helps his striking too, he doesnt hesitate to throw those bombs.

JDS, Kharitonov, Arlovski are all great. JDS is probably the best out of the 3 though.

If he can beat the Klitschkos like he says he might have the best boxing in the history of boxing.

How was Arlovski the most effective when he has been koed 7 times by some not who were not elite strikers in MMA? If Dos Santos fought him he'd beat him by ko/tko.

People don't think defense has anything to do with boxing. Arlovski had good offense and was very fast, but left himself too open and his footwork was very limited. JDS is far more complete in the feet and I believe he's improving still.

JDS, Kharitonov, Arlovski are all great. JDS is probably the best out of the 3 though.

I agree.

People don't think defense has anything to do with boxing. Arlovski had good offense and was very fast, but left himself too open and his footwork was very limited. JDS is far more complete in the feet and I believe he's improving still.

Good points made and I agree Dos Santos is improving.

if you say any name beside JDS,than you know nothing about boxing.

Back