JDS has beat everyone he's fought.

JDS isn't evolving which sucks but he's still clearly #2.

Hunt with very little notice was able to beat Werdum in the first round and knock him down. JDS even with his flaws would beat Werdum again although it might to to decision.

It's funny because boxing is Junior's best asset yet his boxing defense is the worst. The Rock theme song fits him perfectly because Rocky always blocked with his face too which caused Mick to flip out.

JDS needs a better corner, better coaches or training in America if he wants to move to the next level.

He's had 4 straight hard fights 3 of them going past the 4th and has taken some big shots in these fights , I'm afraid he is due to get brutally stopped if he faces another bug hitter

Or a can of insecticide.

I just looked at his record now and he might have three losses but he's beat both those guys, pretty impressive if you ask me and I don't see him losing to anyone else other than Cain again or Werdum.

If he has a few more fights like his last few the guy is gonna be sloth from goonies both in physical appearance but also mentality. I think Joe Rogan needs to have a talk with JDS ASAP

Captain_obvious.jpeg

That's Captain Hindsight.
Just saying.

a. the only reason he beat Cain the first time was that Cain had a torn acl. He basically had one leg. You can't win at a high level in athletics with one leg, unless you're facing an opponent with the same situation. Supposedly JDS had a torn meniscus or something, but you see athletes play thru that in other sports. It's usually an elective surgery. Nothing elective about getting surgery on a torn acl.

b. he's not the same fighter as he used to be after all the beatings, clearly would have lost to Miocic if that fight were the standard 3 rounds, and arguably lost anyway. He won't beat Miocic in the near future, nor Cain, Werdum, Browne, or Cormier if he's prompted to move back up. He's not a contender and I don't think a 3rd fight with Cain should even be sanctioned if it becomes a consideration. Those fights as they were should have been stopped halfway thru, but now as is he's accumulated way too much damage from them.

JDS isn't evolving which sucks but he's still clearly #2.

Hunt with very little notice was able to beat Werdum in the first round and knock him down. JDS even with his flaws would beat Werdum again although it might to to decision.

It's funny because boxing is Junior's best asset yet his boxing defense is the worst. The Rock theme song fits him perfectly because Rocky always blocked with his face too which caused Mick to flip out.

JDS needs a better corner, better coaches or training in America if he wants to move to the next level.

Jones did not destroy DC but he pretty much shutted him down. Granted, There's an inconvenience with Overeem over there but JDS would benefit immensely if he did his camps at Jackson's. His outlook in an eventual fourth meeting with Cain could change drastically.

Unfortunately, he started by beating them (first fight), then ended up losing to them. As opposed to GSP who won all his rematches.

JDS is IMO one of the best all-time Heavyweights in the UFC... but his problem is he is not evolving his game. Boxing and power can only take you so far. He struggles in the clinch and when someone with a pressure game (like Cain) doesn't allow him the distance he needs to setup his strikes he isn't very effective.

Back