JDS has beat everyone he's fought.

OneToughCookie

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I just looked at his record now and he might have three losses but he's beat both those guys, pretty impressive if you ask me and I don't see him losing to anyone else other than Cain again or Werdum.

Last edited:
he didn't look great in the stipe fight, he still doesn't have very good defense

Captain_obvious.jpeg

Even though Cain is a few years olde than him he's taken way less damage.

These past few years have been rough for JDS, and he had a hell of a run.. was a great champion. I do think he's going to hit the decline as much as I hate to say it, from my experience being a combat sports fan you can only take so many beatings and tough fights.. then you start to lose, no matter how promising of a career they had.

I think that 3rd Cain fight took a lot out of JDS. It showed in his last fight.

He's had 4 straight hard fights 3 of them going past the 4th and has taken some big shots in these fights , I'm afraid he is due to get brutally stopped if he faces another bug hitter

These past few years have been rough for JDS, and he had a hell of a run.. was a great champion. I do think he's going to hit the decline as much as I hate to say it, from my experience being a combat sports fan you can only take so many beatings and tough fights.. then you start to lose, no matter how promising of a career they had.

Those fights probably did take a toll on him but I still see him among the elite, I just don't think he'll be Champ again.

I dont think he will fix his flaws. There were still evident in the stipe fight. If those cain fights havent taught him anything nothing will.

I just looked at his record now and he might have three losses but he's beat both those guys, pretty impressive if you ask me and I don't see him losing to anyone else other than Cain again or Werdum.

What's funny is his win against Joaqim Fereirra is listed as TKO(retirement).

I guess you could say Fereirra came out of retirement and beat JDS.

On the contrary, cain has been so damaged in his short record career that he cant show up to fight now.

What's funny is his win against Joaqim Fereirra is listed as TKO(retirement).

I guess you could say Fereirra came out of retirement and beat JDS.

Like he retired between rounds.

JDS is the man.

he beats werdum if the rematch also

JDS should just start crushing cans like Hunt and Mir again

1 or 2 more fights and he's gonna look like Big Nog in there.

Last edited:
It just goes to show you how one variable can completely change perception and even reality. If not for Cain, JDS would be in GOAT discussions, and would literally be younger in fight years right now.

I think the problem with JDS is that he keeps throwing big bombs hoping to end the fight with one lucky punch, like he did against Velazquez, instead of diversifying his game. He has a BJJ black belt, but against Miocic for example, whenever they went to the ground he would just do the bare minimum to escape. Why not try a submission?

Back