JDS got really exposed...

Why anybody thought that JDS would be able to handle Cain's wrestling is beyond me.

One needs only to look at his camp, his background, and his fighting style to know that Cain is a horrible matchup for him.

In the end his ground game wasn't even on the same level as lil-nog, and we all know what quality wrestlers do to him.

A dead JDS kept getting up after Cain took him town. JDS could barely raise his hands but got up from the bottom... Cain didn't control well at all. I think Cain was VERY tired too and his wrestling is much better than what he showed. IMO Cain was extremely sloppy but dominant.

I was just thinking about this today. Very few people on SD thought Cain was going to win, then when he pulls the W, all of the sudden Cain has more fans than Justin Beiber. Still allot of JDS fans but some definitely switched sides

WAR CIGANO.

I picked Cain to win.

yea where did all those people go? couldnt even say cain had a decent shot without responses like 'lol jds will ko cain again for sure'

junior got up to a 2 to 1 favorite on the betting odds

I like both guys, but some of the more vocal JDS fans were getting a bit obnoxious. Of course, all of the people crapping on Junior now are basically diminishing Cain's victory. But such is the nature of Sherdog.

I like both guys, but some of the more vocal JDS fans were getting a bit obnoxious. Of course, all of the people crapping on Junior now are basically diminishing Cain's victory. But such is the nature of Sherdog.

yea its sherdog's nature

its interesting as well because i think people get so invested in their opinions and speak so condescendingly to the other fanbase, that when they are wrong, then the frustration for losing money / 'respect' on sherdog makes them bash the fighter, kind of as like a transfer of blame

obviously i dont mind since ive been here a long time - but its also fun to tease people like that

yea its sherdog's nature

its interesting as well because i think people get so invested in their opinions and speak so condescendingly to the other fanbase, that when they are wrong, then the frustration for losing money / 'respect' on sherdog makes them bash the fighter, kind of as like a transfer of blame

obviously i dont mind since ive been here a long time - but its also fun to tease people like that
I've been amused seeing the tide turn. Might have been different if I'd had strong feelings about who won or lost. I just like good fights... But I had to work and missed this one anyway.

First i think JDS was very unmotivated in a rematch where is koed the guy with ease....Cain couldnt finish him and a 3rd will settle things once and for all

His loyal fans are still here, unless the plethora of threads I'm seeing giving him props even in defeat are just my imagination. Hell, even Cain fans are giving him credit where credit is due. Everyone outside of pure haters like Supercharged, that is.

The two are the best in the division, #1 and #2. They've lost once in the UFC, and that was to each other. Statistically, and is there any other objective way to look at it right now, it's a 50/50 thing when these two square off.

I can't wait to see them go at it again. I don't want to see it for a while, naturally, but I have no qualms in seeing Cain wreck Overeem, and JDS wreck whoever they put in front of him next, before that happens.

Man, I don't understand how a true MMA fan can't like both guys. Hate the fans all you want, sure, but Cain Velasquez and Junior Dos Santos are proven warriors and as classy as champions can get.

I dont remember either one of them getting past Overeem dude so keep it quiet

Still here, still supporting JDS.

He'll climb to the top again some day, just needs to heal up,take a good long look at what happened in this fight and learn from it.

His fans are still here, they're just not making b.s. excuses for him.

His loyal fans are still here, unless the plethora of threads I'm seeing giving him props even in defeat are just my imagination. Hell, even Cain fans are giving him credit where credit is due. Everyone outside of pure haters like Supercharged, that is.

The two are the best in the division, #1 and #2. They've lost once in the UFC, and that was to each other. Statistically, and is there any other objective way to look at it right now, it's a 50/50 thing when these two square off.

I can't wait to see them go at it again. I don't want to see it for a while, naturally, but I have no qualms in seeing Cain wreck Overeem, and JDS wreck whoever they put in front of him next, before that happens.

Man, I don't understand how a true MMA fan can't like both guys. Hate the fans all you want, sure, but Cain Velasquez and Junior Dos Santos are proven warriors and as classy as champions can get.

In your zest to hype the fighters you like you trash other fighters like Overeem. That is how it goes. You hate Overeem and I dont like JDS. Nothing wrong with that.

I was just thinking about this today. Very few people on SD thought Cain was going to win, then when he pulls the W, all of the sudden Cain has more fans than Justin Beiber. Still allot of JDS fans but some definitely switched sides

WAR CIGANO.

The common opinion on Sherdog was that the JDS vs Cain matchup was Chuck vs Tito 2. Even though most won't admit it now.

The common opinion on Sherdog was that the JDS vs Cain matchup was Chuck vs Tito 2. Even though most won't admit it now.

This is right, I thought JDS was gonna beat Cain easily, that the style matchup would always favour JDS. I was wrong.

It was a tough night as a fan, but I have no excuses, Cain fought the better and smarter fight.

Back