JDS got really exposed...

JDS is still my favorite HW (along with Big Nog). However that does not mean that I can ignore the fact that he got his ass beat. I do think JDS will rise to the top again and can reclaim the belt

Cain took him down right away. What fight were you watching?

The one that Cain shot from the other side of the cage and failed miserably and almost got blasted for his efforts. What about you?

This loss will make JDS come back stronger and more well rounded. Where have all the loyal fans gone? Most are prob avoiding sherdog for a few days until Cain fans stop gloating. We are still here tho.

Not a fan of either.

Been calling JDS overrated for a long time though. He's just not a very technical striker (Doesn't mean he can't beat most guys, but he will lose to more technical fighters). If the CC fight showed anything, it's that he's just not that great of a striker. Being powerful can get you pretty far, but not GOAT or anywhere near it.

JDS deserves all the respect in the world for refusing to quit, but he got outclassed and dominated worse than any champion ever.

I think he expected cain to switch to a striking gameplan after he stopped some takedowns, but cains programming does not allow him to stop

JDS is still my favorite HW (along with Big Nog). However that does not mean that I can ignore the fact that he got his ass beat. I do think JDS will rise to the top again and can reclaim the belt

As long as he doesn't have to fight Overeem/Hunt/Barry/Kongo/Sergei/Barnett/Cormier/Cain, yes its very possible.

For about one second. Then he struggled to land another one until he landed some leather to JDS' mug first.

Not taking anything away from Cain, but that's what happened.

There is a double standard here. He was a punching bag for 5 rounds and had no offense. When guys like Carwin and Nelson do thiis their future outlooks and expectations drop.

Cain struggled at first to get JDS down and keep him down in the first round, lots of times in that fight where JDS simply walked away from the takedown attempt.

I think he expected cain to switch to a striking gameplan after he stopped some takedowns, but cains programming does not allow him to stop

Constant pressure was apparently Cain's game plan from jump, he did an interview about it. Apparently worked out ok for him.

As long as he doesn't have to fight Overeem/Hunt/Barry/Kongo/Sergei/Barnett/Cormier/Cain, yes its very possible.

Because Barry or Kongo would be able to beat JDS? I don't see Barnett winning the fight either. Hunt could be interesting if JDS did not look to take him down, same goes with Sergei. Against Cormier, I am hesitant to say that Cormier would have as easy a time as Cain did.

What Cain did to JDS was get in his face and bully JDS around. That is something that very few if any of the guys you listed would atually do to JDS. People also seem to think that JDS TDD is horrendous now after watching the one guy who has taken down every one of his opponents do the same to JDS.

There is a double standard here. He was a punching bag for 5 rounds and had no offense. When guys like Carwin and Nelson do thiis their future outlooks and expectations drop.

Not to everybody. In fact, I'm pretty sure Roy's goes up. In Carwin's case it was because so many people were saying he was this unstoppable monster. Besides he never KO'd a champ before losing a rematch.

I am a big fan of both fighters, but I like JDS a lot more. I'm actually really happy he lost the way he did, because it makes me like him THAT much MORE. He has the biggest heart in mma, could you imagine what would have happened if he pulled of an anderson and KO'd Cain with like a minute to go?

I love Junior Dos Santos because of how he lost. I have Cain to thank for that, and I'm sure Cain will lose the championship and get it back a few more times before his career is over, and so will Junior. The HW division at the moment doesn't seem to have an end all be all leader.

His loyal fans are still here, unless the plethora of threads I'm seeing giving him props even in defeat are just my imagination. Hell, even Cain fans are giving him credit where credit is due. Everyone outside of pure haters like Supercharged, that is.

The two are the best in the division, #1 and #2. They've lost once in the UFC, and that was to each other. Statistically, and is there any other objective way to look at it right now, it's a 50/50 thing when these two square off.

I can't wait to see them go at it again. I don't want to see it for a while, naturally, but I have no qualms in seeing Cain wreck Overeem, and JDS wreck whoever they put in front of him next, before that happens.

Man, I don't understand how a true MMA fan can't like both guys. Hate the fans all you want, sure, but Cain Velasquez and Junior Dos Santos are proven warriors and as classy as champions can get.

I have never "hated" JDS, and was always on the Cain train. With that said, I began losing some respect and alot of other serious MMA fans did too, you can verify it in the Sherdog thread, when JDS started disrespecting the HW boxing champions of the World.

Yes there were many of us that said that pride comes before the fall. Fick, you think 6'2" 70 some inch reach Cain could 1 punch knock JDS into zombieland, and never fully recover, and JDS is going to "strike" with Klitscko?

Whatever, JDS can't carry Vladamir K's jockstrap into a pure fisticuff contest.

Look it up, that is where many of us stopped really seriously "liking" JDS and where his "humbleness" became difficult to swallow!:(

Cain/JDS fans (both) of them are becoming the new Shogun/BJ fans.

Jr is still a class above the division with Cain and Comier the rest are average fighters at best including your precious fast tap Overeem.He was just shocked that he wasnt bullitproof hes never been hurt like that before and it threw him for a loop.He will be back with a vengance and rape whatever mid level guy they give him . Hopefully it is no chin kongo or Fat Barry so you nerds quit putting them in the top few caus thy suck.

Last edited:
Not to everybody. In fact, I'm pretty sure Roy's goes up. In Carwin's case it was because so many people were saying he was this unstoppable monster. Besides he never KO'd a champ before losing a rematch.

And so many people were saying JDS was an unstoppable monster. So for him to get dominated that bad exposes him as otherwise.

There are so many fights in heavyweight I want to see so many combinations of:

Dainiel, Cain, JDS, Allistar, Mir, Werdum

I'm a big JDS fan. I also like Cain a lot. It's not a team sport. Honestly, I don't understand all the fighting and gloating between fans.

The one that Cain shot from the other side of the cage and failed miserably and almost got blasted for his efforts. What about you?

lol, you mean this fight?

ib1Y5ERad6ZHxs.gif

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back