*JDS Fans?*

I believe in JDS. I think the biggest mistake he made in the last fight was in his gameplan. His injury in the first fight caused him to look for an early KO and he got it. He needs that urgency again. But he'll learn from his mistakes and come back.

I don't know if a lot of fans jumped ship, but there were a lot of guys here giving no chance to Velasquez and haven't seen much activity from them anymore.

JDS is still one of the most liked fighters, so I'm sure he still has a lot of fans.

I didn't think Cain had no chance, but i was really confident in JDS to win that fight.

I'm a fan of JDS for sure.

But after seeing Cain in this last fight, I think he might have JDS's number.

I see Cain being champ for a while.

Yes he can but now i wont count out Cain like i did before their 2nd fight. I gave Cain no chance of winning the fight and here we are.

I'm still a fan. I'm really looking forward to seeing how he changes up his game for Cain. He can't rely on landing one big shot to end the fight...

Absolutely yes.

As we have seen in the past, strikers with good takedown defense usually beat wrestlers and JDS already proved he can either stop the takedowns or get right back to his feet, if he becomes the agressor in the 3rd fight its gonna be a short night for Cain.

It's not really as easy as a yes or no...

No I do not see him beating Velasquez anytime soon, but Cain is pretty wreckless with his top control and if he were to get careless against someone like Mir or Werdum he could lose. JDS would wreck both of those 2 again, so if he has to fight someone other than Cain for the title it's very likely he would win. At this point though I think Cain has JDS' number if he can get past the first few minutes with him.

Cain has JDS' number. The only way JDS wins is if he KOs Cain, but Cain already knows how to avoid that. JDS will never be champ as long as Cain is fighting.

I think he can win his belt back though not against Cain and it wouldn't be for awhile that he would be able to attempt to either. If he has two fights to get his confidence back then he wouldn't be fighting till mid-2014 at a minimum.

Cain when on his game is an aggressive fighter whereas JDS in many of his fights likes to pick his opponent apart after feeling his range. Style wise JDS I think could beat Overeem and Silva however might struggle a bit more against Cain and Werdum.

Today Cain would probably take the rematch. JDS needs to get a lot more comfortable with grappling. If he does not break mentally and train properly, he can certainly get the belt back in a year or so.

I think his lack of cardio occurred because he had an adrenaline dump because the fight was not going his way.

Nope. Cain has a big psychological advantage now after handing out such a totally dominating beating. That can (not saying it absolutely will) really mess with a fighter's head, especially when he gets hit with the first few hard shots the next time around with Cain. We'll see what happens.

ofc, i think the fight would have gone differently if he hadn't let cain walk up to him and punch him in the face.

weird fight for jds, even though cain did what he normally does, i feel that jds was barely in the fight after being rocked, he looked at about 20%,

as long as he's not rocked, i'd pick him over cain 9/10 times. i'd rather him not instant rematch either way, but I doubt Cain will be holding the belt by the time jds gets another title shot

Cain fan checking in.

I think JDS can definitely win the belt back. One punch is all he needs, as shown in their first fight. With that said, his chances aren't as great as some might have thought leading into the rematch. JDS is a great athlete, but his skills need to improve so he can make the most of his physical gifts. I think the biggest flaw in his game is the inability to adapt when he is not in control of the fight. It's the same sort of thing that BJ Penn and Vitor Belfort have struggled with throughout their careers.

At the moment, Cain is the more complete fighter, so I would favor him to defend his belt; however, I would never count JDS out. If there is a third fight, I'd be on the edge of my seat the way I was for their first two.

For sure, he needs to button some things up but he definitely has the potential. If he wasn't wasted after the first round he may have been able to get into some kind of riddum.

Im a JDS fan. I voted no. I'm also a Cain fan, but that's not why I voted no. I voted no because I'm not confident he will win the belt back. I'm not confident that he won't either. Overconfidence is the single biggest factor in MMA fans looking like howling, know-nothing douche bags.

Im a JDS fan. I voted no. I'm also a Cain fan, but that's not why I voted no. I voted no because I'm not confident he will win the belt back. I'm not confident that he won't either. Overconfidence is the single biggest factor in MMA fans looking like howling, know-nothing douche bags.

Come on dude, a gassed JDS was making a fight out of Cain in the 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th round imagine if he didnt gass badly in the first 3 minutes.

I think this thing about Cain having a better chance in later rounds is complete BS, JDS looked much better in the 4th and 5th round than in the 1st ones it doesnt matter if it was because of the big shot or his gas tank, he suffered both issues and was still able to recover better than Cain in the later rounds.

He also swept Cain several times in the fight so his ground game is definately a factor in a 3rd fight wich i dont think he is going to need.

I think he will come back stronger. Like when Chuck lost to Randy.

Yes. I can see Cain, Reem, and JDS playing hot potato with the belt for a few years.

Back