JDS does power breathe

Abdominal breathing is much better then just breating with your chest. You get much more oxygen if you breathe with your belly.

You can test it while running. Try to run till you feel small pain on the left side of your belly. You should know what i mean it starts to appear when you are getting exhausted. Now try to use the belly breathing and not only breath with your chest. The small pain will go away quickly and you can run for more time. I also found it usefull to try to breathe only with my nose till I could that also helped with my endurance a bit. I used to do semilong distances running for my uni ( 1500 meters, 3000 meters and sometimes a bit longer races ). And these were the first two things they taught us. Fighting is a bit different bc you cant have so tight repeating pattern for breating as while you run. But I always felt fresher while sparing if I breathe only with my nose and was belly breating.

I know exactly what you mean. God I hate that pain, but I've always been told it was gas.

Thanks for the tips, I'll definitely give this a try and look for some exercises.

Back