JDS calls for immediate rematch with Cain Velasquez, guarantee's victory

jds needs to accept this defeat in order to train and get better. i fear this is the beginning of the end for junior if he doesn't think he needs to improve before the rematch.

Nah, that was too one sided. He didn't win any of rounds nor did he mount any significant offensive. He was on the defensive the whole fight.

JDS needs to relax, take it easy. Everyone loses. He should do what Cain did and work hard and come back from a loss through a fight or two and work his way to another shot.

He should also apologise to Frank Mir. I believe you can lift the curse by beating someone who beat Frank Mir.

JDS will get another title shot soon enough. JDS beats everyone else not named Cain....including Reem and Cormier.

I don't think he can even beat Roy in a rematch. JDS hit Roy over and over for 15min and couldn't finish him. All it takes is 1 punch from Roy to finish anybody in the HW division. Imagine JDS having to survive 25 min against Roy. I don't think he could do it.

Cain got caught.
JDS got man handled.
I can't believe anybody would try to debate otherwise. They were both losses, and if Cain had to earn another title shot, then so should JDS.

Cain got outstruck, that's what happened. Cain would probably be dead if he took a 25 minute beating from Junior.

I'm fine with JDS earning a title shot.

The first fight ended so quickly, hard trying to hype a rematch. This one, while a beat down, is easier to fight for a quick rematch

Overeem vs Cain and do Werdum vs JDS for #1 contender spot. Werdum vs Nog is a nothing fight - it does nothing for Werdum.

No offense, but you can't just attribute Cain's loss to getting caught. Junior is a better boxer than him, he exploited a hole in Cain's defense. He set his overhand up with his jab, and Cain dropped his right hand to counter it and JDS landed his overhand.

Cain can be effective when he comes forward like a pitbull and is relentless with his takedowns, but I think Junior will be more prepared for that if they fight again. I think Junior will catch Cain coming in, and he'll be more focused on keeping him on the outside.

Yet Cain out-struck him on the feet as well in this fight. He was dominating in shots landed according to compubox even before he caught Junior with that huge right.

No chance, Cain at least had to win a fight first.

Let JDS come back with a win and then rematch?

Still I thought they gave Cain a title shot too early despite mauling JDS - but if he had lost what would happen to him - he would have had to drop to LHW. So if JDS fights too soon for the title and then loses, puts him in a hard place

I don't think he can even beat Roy in a rematch. JDS hit Roy over and over for 15min and couldn't finish him. All it takes is 1 punch from Roy to finish anybody in the HW division. Imagine JDS having to survive 25 min against Roy. I don't think he could do it.

Exaggeration, my friend. While I discount the guy saying JDS beats Cormier and Overeem so easily, I wouldn't go so far as to say JDS can't handle Roy again.

Especially based on your reasoning.

Roy has power. But have we all not yet witnessed the monstrosity that is the chin on JDS? No one is knocking him out. He'll have to tap first ala Shogun, and judging by the display of heart Saturday, I don't know that he'd even let himself do that.

I think Cain and Cormier are the only guys with the ability to put that kind of tiring pressure and pace on the former champion. Anyone else, especially when it comes to pure striking? All bets are off.

Yet Cain out-struck him on the feet as well in this fight. He was dominating in shots landed according to compubox even before he caught Junior with that huge right.

I know Cain outstruck Junior in the rematch, but Junior was tagging him in the center of the octagon. He landed several nice jabs. Cain started to take over when he backed Junior to the fence with his TD attempts. I think it's important for Junior to focus on lateral movement instead of pulling straight back.

He should also apologise to Frank Mir. I believe you can lift the curse by beating someone who beat Frank Mir.

What does he have to apologise for? And didn't he already beat Shane Carwin, albeit a poorly prepared Carwin?

Dominating before the early right hand? What like 6 strikes to 3? Come on now. I'm not trying to make any excuses for JDS, he got his ass handed to him by a hungrier fighter, but people writing off the right hand as if it had zero bearing on the rest of the fight are nothing short of dillusional.

I know Cain outstruck Junior in the rematch, but Junior was tagging him in the center of the octagon. He landed several nice jabs. Cain started to take over when he backed Junior to the fence with his TD attempts. I think it's important for Junior to focus on lateral movement instead of pulling straight back.

I agree completely. Except I understand his intentions, it's been one of his most effective ways of dealing with TD attempts and incoming attacks. Cain worked a brilliant strategy that simultaneously employed his wrestling game and closing the distance so that JDS could not establish the darting in-and-out distance game he's always used.

JDS' fault for not moving laterally? Perhaps. But I'm not sure he's trained TDD any other way. He almost seems programmed to hop back to that fence, which Cain had no problems with.

I like JDS but him saying he guarantees a win.....he must be high on pain killers.

Back