JCC Jr vs GGG Back On!!

People here were already comparing him to Hagler after his last fight. Seriously.

But what were they comparing?

A comparison by itself isn't a bad thing.

"oh, so and so moves around alot like this other guy".
Big whoop.

Were they saying "GGG's career so far is pretty much like Hagler's"?

what part of my post indicates that i'm a floyd hater? i was just using your own logic .
did any of the other middleweight step up to face ward ? did martinez ever mention ward's name ? sturm ? quilin ? geale ? why is it up to golovkin to take the huge risk of fighting a bigger guy when he's yet to face anyone relevant in his own weight class ?
maybe when / if golovkin cleans out the division and still won't call out ward, then i'll be criticizing him .

let me guess .... because he's " white " ?
Don't put it in equations, he looks like the Mad Magazine guy.

It's cool, no one, especially the media is going to pressure the hype job to step up. Hopefully he fights bums and loses and becomes something you act like you didn't hype.

But what were they comparing?

A comparison by itself isn't a bad thing.

"oh, so and so moves around alot like this other guy".
Big whoop.

Were they saying "GGG's career so far is pretty much like Hagler's"?
The Fox Sports 1 announcer who filled in for Paulie said Travell Mazion reminded him of Hearns, he should have been fired on the spot for that.

what part of my post indicates that i'm a floyd hater? i was just using your own logic .
did any of the other middleweight step up to face ward ? did martinez ever mention ward's name ? sturm ? quilin ? geale ? why is it up to golovkin to take the huge risk of fighting a bigger guy when he's yet to face anyone relevant in his own weight class ?
maybe when / if golovkin cleans out the division and still won't call out ward, then i'll be criticizing him .

let me guess .... because he's " white " ?

In all fairness...he's party Korean...

on a side note...beat it Pactard.

that's the reason white is in quotation marks .:D

the guy looks fairly central / east asian to me .

Don't put it in equations, he looks like the Mad Magazine guy.

It's cool, no one, especially the media is going to pressure the hype job to step up. Hopefully he fights bums and loses and becomes something you act like you didn't hype.

yeah , he's one of those white people with korean mothers i guess :rolleyes:

i already said that ward and even martinez would beat golovkin , so unless he ends up losing to the likes of quilin , geale etc..... i won't have to wipe any eggs off my face.

i just love how you're assuming that i'm a floyd hater ( when i didn't even mention floyd ) and that i'm racially biased ( when neither golovkin nor i are white ) .... from your posts it's easy to see that you're a black guy who believes that there is subtle racism in boxing, that black fighters don't get enough credit( just look how you accused me of hating floyd when i haven't even mentioned him ) , that non-black fighters get hyped up too much ( constant pac and GGG bashing ) ...etc. the only race conscious person here is you.

i've come across your type numerous times in boxingscene , esb ..... your line of reasoning is all too predictacle .

The ref for Travis Walker v Chris Arreola said to Walker (as he was helping him back up) "you have nothing to be ashamed of.... this was like Hagler vs Hearns!"

on a side note...beat it Pactard.

Party Koreans?

Korean_Fans.jpg

The ref for Travis Walker v Chris Arreola said to Walker (as he was helping him back up) "you have nothing to be ashamed of.... this was like Hagler vs Hearns!"

Didn't he say, remember Hagler vs Hearns? You're Tommy Hearns.

:D

I'm not sure how I'd take that if I were a fighter.

Didn't he say, remember Hagler vs Hearns? You're Tommy Hearns.

:D

I'm not sure how I'd take that if I were a fighter.

now I need to rewatch it.

It was one heck of a donnybrook though.

I think he said something like that.

Wasn't it Mercante Junior?

that's the reason white is in quotation marks .:D

the guy looks fairly central / east asian to me .

yeah , he's one of those white people with korean mothers i guess :rolleyes:

i already said that ward and even martinez would beat golovkin , so unless he ends up losing to the likes of quilin , geale etc..... i won't have to wipe any eggs off my face.

i just love how you're assuming that i'm a floyd hater ( when i didn't even mention floyd ) and that i'm racially biased ( when neither golovkin nor i are white ) .... from your posts it's easy to see that you're a black guy who believes that there is subtle racism in boxing, that black fighters don't get enough credit( just look how you accused me of hating floyd when i haven't even mentioned him ) , that non-black fighters get hyped up too much ( constant pac and GGG bashing ) ...etc. the only race conscious person here is you.

i've come across your type numerous times in boxingscene , esb ..... your line of reasoning is all too predictacle .

I don't think it's even subtle, can you find one article on the entire internet that is critical of Golovkin, who has never fought a title holder in his division because I can find you hundreds dumping on the guy who fought 22 title holders

Yeah it looks like maybe Nov or Dec fight for GGG vs JR

"We made it clear to Bob that we really delayed this HBO show [on July 26] probably two or three weeks past our deadline in the hope that Bob could still deliver Chavez. We couldn't wait any longer so we went ahead with July 26 and if he can get Chavez to sign for November or December, we'd be happy to do that. If not, then [Golovkin will] fight again on HBO in November."

"Bob was always very positive he could deliver [Chavez]. The original plan was to announce the fight at the Pacquiao fight," Loeffler said. "So we had made plans for Gennady to fly into Las Vegas. Chavez was at the fight in Las Vegas and had he signed we would have announced the fight at the Pacquiao fight. It didn't happen and then I started getting concerned, and at that point, Bob raised the offer [to Chavez]. He was still confident he could deliver Chavez. We gave him another two weeks and at some point it became clear it wasn't going to happen, at least not for July. We're not ruling Chavez out but it's definitely not going to happen in July. We can't have Gennady wait."

Also GGG don't want no part of Ward but might take the Grooves/Froch winner.

And there is also super middleweight champion Andre Ward, but with a caveat.

"His name has come up. I think the challenge with Andre is he has the legal issues with his promoter [Dan Goossen] but, secondly, that's not a pay-per-view fight by any means and I think it would be tough to work out that deal," Loeffler said. "It's not a slight against Andre. We have a lot of respect for him. It's just not the most attractive fight when compared to Chavez.*

http://m.espn.go.com/extra/boxing/s...top&rand=ref~{"ref":"http://t.co/hsp9n3IQDh"}

These promoters and fighters need to step up and make fights. I've spent my pennies on MMA pay per views because boxing can't get any of these top ranking guys to throw hands.

Chavez should fight Ward. He's a natural 168lb guy. GGG should stay at 160lbs and fight winner of Martinez/Cotto but I think if Cotto wins he goes for Canelo fight.

Back