JC Wrestling

I live near Sacramento also. Are there any good wrestling clubs in the area?

I live near Sacramento also. Are there any good wrestling clubs in the area?

From www.themat.com which is the official website of USA Wrestling.

Endriago
2500 Neew Market
SACRAMENTO, CA 95835
Club Leader: Michael Moyer
Phone: 916-873-2700
Email: [email protected]

HUSKY WRESTLING CLUB
8333 KINGSBRIDGE DRIVE
SACRAMENTO, CA 95829
Club Leader: TODD DILLBECK
Phone: 916-681-7500 X 8160
Email: [email protected]

I think it all depends on the wrestling camp you're at. I went to the local state university to learn wrestling and they were cool. I never mentioned anything about wanting to learn wrestling to help my overall grappling game.

During the season we didn't really do any technique and er just did live training. After the season ended, the coach taught technique for about half the class and had us wrestle the rest of the time. The coach was really good and made sure everyone stayed in line.

I think it all depends on the wrestling camp you're at. I went to the local state university to learn wrestling and they were cool. I never mentioned anything about wanting to learn wrestling to help my overall grappling game.

During the season we didn't really do any technique and er just did live training. After the season ended, the coach taught technique for about half the class and had us wrestle the rest of the time. The coach was really good and made sure everyone stayed in line.

a club team though right? not an actual ncaa team

I wish you good luck. Unless you are a stellar athlete, you are going to take some real lumps. There are a lot of state place winners and state champs at Jucos because of grades and other issues. If you go in and say you are training for MMA only, they will laugh at you, and not help you as they will not want to waste their time.

This last summer I joined a bjj club. I have wrestled my entire life, high school and college DIII. I could take people down, but got smoked once I got there. I thought my background would make things easy, talk about a big peice of humble pie! Be prepared to struggle, you will have days, weeks that you may not score a point in practice. If you battle through it, buy the end 4 years you might be good.

Good luck!

I wish you good luck. Unless you are a stellar athlete, you are going to take some real lumps. There are a lot of state place winners and state champs at Jucos because of grades and other issues. If you go in and say you are training for MMA only, they will laugh at you, and not help you as they will not want to waste their time.

This last summer I joined a bjj club. I have wrestled my entire life, high school and college DIII. I could take people down, but got smoked once I got there. I thought my background would make things easy, talk about a big peice of humble pie! Be prepared to struggle, you will have days, weeks that you may not score a point in practice. If you battle through it, buy the end 4 years you might be good.

Good luck!

I'm used to being not as good as my training partners. Most of the guys at my BJJ or better and a little bigger. Also when i was training boxing i was getting dominated daily by soild boxers. There's a big difference between getting dominated while your getting punched in the face

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gladiator47
Back