JBJ won by Point Fighting

Jon was basically spamming elbows and head kicks in the last two rounds so I don't know how you consider that point fighting.

huh?
Jones risen up and showed heart at the 5th round when they were both battered and hurt, Gus checked out.

Jones isn't a point fighter. Jones was trying very hard to finish Gus in the final few rounds and was extremely aggressive. The fact he couldn't do it says more about Gus's chin than Jones ability to finish.

They were both fighting their asses off. Stop being such a hater.

Jones tried to finish that motherfucker but Gus wouldn't allow himself to be kept down and cracked in the dome with 'bows or knocked the fuck out with spinning shit and knees.

It's a credit to his defense and durability.

Gus was also point fighting.

display_image.jpg

So bj should have won because of visible damage.
Thats all folks

huh?
Jones risen up and showed heart at the 5th round when they were both battered and hurt, Gus checked out.

How did gus check out in your opinion?
I thought it was one of the most impressive showings of persistance and the refusal to surrender how he kept fighting through (at least that was my impression) minutes of his whole body screaming "go down. I cannot take it any further" in the 4th and 5th round.

Even though Jones landed the most damaging strike of the fight and was closest to finishing.

The doctor wanted to stop the fight between rounds, and Gus wasn't dropped (even managed to defend himself and stay active after the elbow).
That kinda means that Gus was, in fact, the closest to finishing.

The doctor wanted to stop the fight between rounds, and Gus wasn't dropped (even managed to defend himself and stay active after the elbow).
That kinda means that Gus was, in fact, the closest to finishing.

Via cut that happened in round 1.

Stop being fucken delusional.

Via cut that happened in round 1.

Stop being fucken delusional.

When the cut happened is irrelevant with regards whether or not the doctor wanted to stop the fight.
It would have been a shitty victory, but the point is Gus was far and away closer to finishing Jones than the other way around.

Jones hurt Gus and then...... Did almost nothing to take advantage of that fact, because he was in such horrible condition at that point, that he couldn't muster much offense.

Winning a decision doesnt equal point fighting there smart guy. And throwing spinning elbows and high kicks isn't point fighting either.

It would have been a shitty victory, but the point is Gus was far and away closer to finishing Jones than the other way around.

That's a fact if you take into consideration the fight happened in a controlled, sanctioned environment.

However, had it been a streetfight, Jones was winning that.

So yeah, Gus was closer to finishing by means of doctors inteference; however Jones won the fight by judging, AND he got the closest to finishing the war (as opposed to the sanctioned fight, which he still ended up winning).

That's a fact if you take into consideration the fight happened in a controlled, sanctioned environment.

However, had it been a streetfight, Jones was winning that.

So yeah, Gus was closer to finishing by means of doctors inteference; however Jones won the fight by judging, AND he got the closest to finishing the war (as opposed to the sanctioned fight, which he still ended up winning).

If it was a street fight (which, in truth is a silly discussion) and otherwise went exactly the same way, Jones would have been broken due to his own failed takedowns, Gus' successful takedown, and Gus slicing his face to pieces with bare knuckles.
If Jones wears big boots, he might have done pretty well with those headkicks (blocked, or otherwise).

It wasn't a street fight, and I am very aware that Jones took the decision, but in a sanctioned affair, which it was, Gus could be argued to have been closer to finishing Jones than the reverse.
I just find it daft that anyone can go on about how close Jones was to finishing, when in reality that didn't seem to be the case at all.

I just find it daft that anyone can go on about how close Jones was to finishing, when in reality that didn't seem to be the case at all.

He was still the one who got the closest to finishing. And had the fight been a no time limit-fight, hence going into a sixth round, he'd been favored to win.

He won the war. AND the sanctioned fight.

Back