JBJ won by Point Fighting

kpxl1023

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
JBJ won round 2,4,5 to "win" the fight but Gusta won the fight as a whole by doing more overall damage. That is all.

Even though Jones landed the most damaging strike of the fight and was closest to finishing.

stop it, nothing about that fight was "point fighting". what, did you not notice all the times jon was trying to kick gus' head off, or the spinning elbows he hit?

How is what Jones did considered pointfighting, but Gus essentially only landing one strike consistently (jab) isn't?

For starters, Gus landed a lot more than a jab. If anyone utilized the jab, it was Jon. Albeit late in the game, 4th round I think? That would have destroyed Gus if he implemented it early.

Secondly, we can't see which oblique kicks were counted for what on whose scorecard, but if it made a significant difference, then not only is the blow potentially crippling, it's point-fighting any way you slice it. But yeah, no. I'm glad he landed some elbows, too.

For starters, Gus landed a lot more than a jab. If anyone utilized the jab, it was Jon. Albeit late in the game, 4th round I think? That would have destroyed Gus if he implemented it early.

Secondly, we can't see which oblique kicks were counted for what on whose scorecard, but if it made a significant difference, then not only is the blow potentially crippling, it's point-fighting any way you slice it. But yeah, no. I'm glad he landed some elbows, too.

Uhhhhh no. You discount all the solid body kicks, and head kicks that were landed. Point fighting is doing barely enough to come away with a victory while doing minimal damage. That's not what Jones did. Just because the opportunity to finish the fight did not present itself until later in the fight for Jones, what he did up until that point was not "point fighting" in the slightest. He actively engaged his opponent, he was consistent with his offense in that he mixed it up with body kicks, and low kicks that were connecting cleanly. He also mixed in the occasional elbow and jab. That's pretty much the exact OPPOSITE of point fighting.

Both guys go to the hospital, Gus with a concussion, TS says point fighting.

Calling Jon Jones a point fighter... wow now I have heard it all. This is really getting pathetic or you are trolling.

The kind of reckless effort JJ put into the forth round makes this a shit thread.

Both guys give it their all in a war, called point fighting.
TS you are a disappointment to your family.

These threads are what makes people end up hating Gustaffson for no reason. No one was point fighting in that fight, that's why they both went to the hospital.

Jon is such a point fighter, with all 4 of his decision wins and what not.

lmao if jon jones is a point fighter, jon fitch is a knockout artist

Jones was most definitely NOT point fighting. In fact the only thing that won him the fight was that KO-seeking spinning elbow in the 4th round - if he hadn't almost finished Gus he would have lost the fight and the decision.

Back