JBJ vs Glover will be a return to the routine, one-sided Bones dominations. Yawn.

Glover is too slow. Jones will keep him at bay with his kicks. I don't see how Glover will be able to close the distance and get to Jones. The thing Glover has is power. He only needs one good shot to change the fight - I just don't see him being able to get close enough to make that happen though......

I think Glover has a good shot. Good TDD and some good hands inside. That's where you need to be against Jon, inside. Glover can make it a war, he really can. Now I still favor Jones but Glover is not Rampage 2.0, he is more than that. Minus the bad knees so that game plan is gone. I think Glover possesses the able to put Jon away with a single shot and the speed enough to close and land that shot.

Glover has a good chance, anyone who is treating this as a gimme win for Jones doesn't know Glover and hasn't watched the tape.

I don't know anyone could find the dominant Jones fights boring to be honest, they were all great to watch for mine.

Gus surprised most people on here. Maybe Glover will do the same.

Idk. I feel like Glover is pretty much in his prime right now. Excellent grappler and aggressive standing. His only weakness to be exploited so far is his boxing defense but Jon Jones is no killer puncher. He needs to watch out for the elbows though.

I think it's gonna be a good fight. Jones is gonna have to be on point to beat Glover, and I'm expecting he will be.

Glover is going to starch him. If he's in the pocket he will dazzle you fuckers.

I think that Glover is going to surprise folks. I will be first to admit that Gus surprised the hell out of me though in the Bones fight

Not a good fight for Glover IMO. Not only does he suffer from the usual issues Bones opponents not named Gus suffer with, but he is dealing with a Jones who will have something to prove after having such a close fight with Gus. IMO Bones will look to make a statement in this fight.

Glover is the most well rounded fighter that Jones ever faced.

But his cardio is suspect and he has a massive reach disadvantage.

Rampage wasn't shot when he fought bones. He was in insanely good condition and he spent his camp at the muscle pharm training facility in Colorado. Rampage spent an insane amount of money for that camp, and came in looking amazing. People just don't want to give him any credit ever.

Of course Rampage was shot by then. It doesn't matter a jot whether he was fit or not. Shot fighters can be super-fit, and prime fighters can come in totally out of shape. I think you're confusing the two things. Rampage was shot by that point because his all-round abilities had been eroding clearly for a substantial period of time. Anyone who ever saw peak Rampage circa 2003 in action knew this. By the time Rampage fought Bones, he hadn't scored one KO/TKO win in over 3 years of competition, including being unable to finish guys like Matt Hamill and Keith Jardine - guys he would have knocked out on his way to the cage when he was in his prime. You seriously don't think Rampage looked slow, flat-footed and toothless in the years leading up to the Jones fight? You don't think he'd stopped using his wrestling at all? You don't think he'd lost his venom and killer instinct? Then I don't think you understand this sport much. Rampage was exhibiting ALL the signs of being a shot fighter in the years leading up to his thoroughly undeserved title shot. And his fights immediately afterwards, Bader and Teixeira, only served to confirm this. You go and watch Rampage beat down on Liddell and Randleman in 2003, then watch his fights with Hamill, Jardine, Rashad and Machida in 2009-11, and then tell me he wasn't an absolute shadow of his former self. Come on man. You're better than this.

I give Jones credit for wins achieved over guys who ain't shot. Rashad, Machida, Gustafsson. 'Page was a zombie by 2011, and every objective fan knows it.

I'm just glad they aren't going the immediate re-match route. That is getting really old..

If the rematch with Gus is what you want to see, a "routine domination" of Glover is necessary.

As much as I want to see the rematch with Gus, this is the best option. If Jones and Gus can win in dominant fashion with their next opponent then the rematch will do BIG numbers and be around the summer.

thats true. no interest in see a fight when jones can contro lthe fuck reach because of his size, against a guy with poor wrestling. This fight is so predictable it causes me pain: if jones feel threatened he will put the fight on the ground, and one elbow will be the history of the fight. Jones has to move up. Last fight brought legit questions about his size and reach - gus is not a better atlete that glover, but it look better against jones for a reason: size.

glover needs one punch to change the landscape of 205.
hes gonna channel his inner ICEMAN, get as cold as the rocky's or even colder than the coors light two stage activating cans , colder than a prime ice cube (rapper) or if you dont know rapper than a plain prime ice cube will work too, and finally dethrone bones.

Back