JBJ vs Glover will be a return to the routine, one-sided Bones dominations. Yawn.

Kelman

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Gus was able to be so competitive with Jones because of his movement, his range, his boxing.

Glover is about as mobile, fluid and smooth as a rusty tank left over from the war.

Save yourselves the dollars and just watch Jones vs shot Rampage on youtube, it will be the same fight.

Thanks Dana. Yawn.

I see this like Cain and JDS. The 2 best guys at HW, also young and are already heading into their 3rd fight together. They had some time in between their fights and fought other opponents to develop from before squaring off again. I don't mind this at all with JJ and Gus.

I don't understand why people think Glover could stand a chance against Jones. He's got power and good BJJ but his reach is too short he's got a weak chin and finally he's not fast like Gus he'll be 34 years old when the fight takes place just another old power puncher who'll get killed. Kind of like another Rua with a much worse chin and much better BJJ.

That's what I was thinking before Gus vs. Jones.

Same here. I say stop trying to deliberately make the fights that are stylistically interesting for the champion and just give it to whoever deserves more. Whatever your prediction of how a fight will go, it will probably not be very accurate.

I don't understand why people think Glover could stand a chance against Jones. He's got power and good BJJ but his reach is too short he's got a weak chin and finally he's not fast like Gus he'll be 34 years old when the fight takes place just another old power puncher who'll get killed. Kind of like another Rua with a much worse chin and much better BJJ.

Such a stupid thing to assume, right?
It's not like they're, you know, fighting...

Same here. I say stop trying to deliberately make the fights that are stylistically interesting for the champion and just give it to whoever deserves more. Whatever your prediction of how a fight will go, it will probably not be very accurate.

Pretty much what I think as well.
Believe it or not, "sometimes" MMA can be unpredictable. :wink:

Glover is alot more thick and stout than alot of LHW. If he can get ahold of JBJ and get him down(Gusto got him down twice but couldn't hold him down because they are both long and lanky) if Glover can hold onto him than sub him. Thats his only way of winning, Glover standing with Jones will be awful for Glover and I despise Jones.

No man. I always knew Gus was a better fighter then Glover

I wouldn't say he is a better fighter, but style wise i also knew he would be a better matchup against jones... It was fairly obvious to me that the machida approach was the best style to beat jones, and gus could implement it perfectly since he is taller and longer and has great movement and boxing..

I thought glovers chances may have been almost as good as gus just because of his knockout power, but jones is proving to have a solid chin so im not so sure anymore.

Well that is what a lot of people thought about the fight vs Gus. This is MMA and Glover is a great fighter anything can happen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back