JBJ showed heart and chin, but he is afraid of punches...

Am I the only one who noticed that Gustafsson turned his back and ran about a hlaf dozen times? I don't think it's that big a deal and I never jump on these things, but it happened.

he also straight up ran from a rampage punch and he didnt like those machida flurries, but gus is the only one who kept the pressure on

Am I the only one who noticed that Gustafsson turned his back and ran about a hlaf dozen times? I don't think it's that big a deal and I never jump on these things, but it happened.

He was creating space and resetting.
He wasn't afraid of getting punched, unlike JBJ.

A seasoned striker doesn't flinch or turn his back when getting punched.
JBJ showed that he has some work to do in the standup department.

I don't know if he's afraid per se, but he definitely looked lost or confused a few times. I was wondering why Gus wasn't capitalizing.

I don't know if he's afraid per se, but he definitely looked lost or confused a few times. I was wondering why Gus wasn't capitalizing.

Me too!
He clearly hesitated!
Didn't throw more than 2 combos.. didn't follow up when Jones was in bad position (back turned)...

Maybe he was nervous or didn't want to over-commit and get taken down.

I noticed it but also expected it. It was pretty evident Gus wanted nothing of the clinch or ground game which was excellent fight planning.
I think my biggest surprise from the fight was Bones didn't/couldn't use more of his grappling. I think he went into this match wanting to prove his striking....to a fault.

Yeah he didn't want to get caught on the fence

This match actually gave me a whole nother picture of Bones.

Before, I thought he had a suspect chin - I was proved wrong.
I also thought he had better standup - I was wrong again. He has a lot to improve in his standup game. He has some excellent unorthodox moves, but he mus learn footwork and to take a punch.

i wonder how his chin will hold up, its not suspect or anything, but those kinds of wars are hard on people

I noticed it but also expected it. It was pretty evident Gus wanted nothing of the clinch or ground game which was excellent fight planning.
I think my biggest surprise from the fight was Bones didn't/couldn't use more of his grappling. I think he went into this match wanting to prove his striking....to a fault.

He def went Kos x GSP I mode when Kos only trained his boxing because he thought his wrestling was good enough and far superior to GSPs.

ibaeecYpiteNBO.gif
[/IMG]

You guys are implying I'm talking about the whole fight.
Again, I'm referring to when Gus had Jones moving back and landed flush punches.

Well shit, Gus was on his bike for 90% of the fight. So what's your point

Less fear of punches = jones ktfo.

Wand has no fear if getting hit which is a problem

Back