JBJ showed heart and chin, but he is afraid of punches...

TheDOn1981

Interim Belt
Banned
Reaction score
He flinched and turned his head when he got punched. Reminded me of Brock.
This shows that reach is really everything for JBJ. He hasn't get hit alot in the face, so he reacts like that.

Gotta say I have newfound respect for him. He never gave up!

...And I am a new fan of Gus. Man, he did a great job. I actually expected JBJ to run over him. I scored the match in favor of Gus. (1,2,3)

He turned his back to Gus like 20 times and Gus did nothing but wait.
Jones even attempted a flying knee but stopped mid air with his hands down.

An aggressive Gustafsson would KO Jones IMO

That's what I thought too.
Gus seemed to hold back on the combos and aggression.
Maybe because he was afraid of TD's...? Who knows.

TS,is that you ?

maybe

or maybe an aggressive Gustafsson gets careless and gets taken down?

no way to know

I'm implying with his combinations. Maybe Jones takes him down but he couldn't take him down until he gassed.

Which is why he was walking forward the whole time. because that's what people who are scared of getting punched do.

Last edited:
Jones was turning away because he was lost on how to deal with gus's left hook and jab.

Yea without the reach his striking wasnt nearly as effective. I was surprised though that he stayed in the fight the way he did after actually having to overcome some adversity

An aggressive Gustafsson would get taken down.

Not when he pressured Jones against the fence with his combos. I'm not saying he should throw wild hooks like Wand, as opposed to continue the pressure and not letting Jones reset.

Which is why he was walking forward the whole time. because that's what people who are scared of getting punched do.

He didnt start takin cage control till half way thru 4th...another decision given to the champ simply bc he wasnt finished

3-2 gus ..almost wana gv him the 4th bc up until that elbow he was landing at will w combo's the whole round

Jones has always done this. Fighting Gus made it more evident, though. I think Jones now knows that he has a lot of work to do in the striking department. He was definitely getting cocky, talking about boxing Klitchsckos and such.

How many times did Gus get on his bike and run away as well? Don't be bias bro, they both turned and circled from each other at various points in the fight.

How many times did Gus get on his bike and run away as well? Don't be bias bro, they both turned and circled from each other at various points in the fight.

Never said he didn't. My point is, being the "superior boxer" he should have attacked more during those times. Gus ran from Jones a couple times when he got hurt.

This match actually gave me a whole nother picture of Bones.

Before, I thought he had a suspect chin - I was proved wrong.
I also thought he had better standup - I was wrong again. He has a lot to improve in his standup game. He has some excellent unorthodox moves, but he mus learn footwork and to take a punch.

He ran to create space (from TDs) and reset. He didn't turn away from punches.
In the fourth he ran because he was hurt... DUH!

Natural reaction. He'll be back stronger. It can't feel good getting hit by that monster.

Jones has always done this. Fighting Gus made it more evident, though. I think Jones now knows that he has a lot of work to do in the striking department. He was definitely getting cocky, talking about boxing Klitchsckos and such.

He really did that!?
DAMN! He has a death wish.

After this match, he should realize that he should NOT move up to HW.

He got tagged in the face A LOT. Just most of the shots didn't have much on them or they were blocked. Notice how Jones barely threw any punches after rounds 1 and 2, he was definitely wary cause Gus was looking to counter every single time.

Back