JBJ HW Threat Still???

This fight shows that Jones would be average at HW! Smashed against the top 10. Jones is the type of guy who would chop off a limb to stay at LHW if he could.

I hate this kind of talk, because last night proved nothing in regards to Jon Jones as a HW. It's impossible to speculate what type of fighter he'd be as a HW. We don't know how much weight Jon would add to compete as a HW, or how it would be added. We don't know how his fighting style would change as a result from him putting on more muscle. We don't know if his striking would be more powerful/effective. We don't know how his cardio would hold up with more weight on him. We don't know what his approach to a fight would be at HW beacuse the power difference is a lot greater than those at LHW.

There are too many unknowns to extrapolate a reasonable composite of how Jones would be as a HW. And to think that last night showed anything in regards to that is fucking stupid.

Nice avatar

I think we saw a legit HW fight last night. Both guys could do HW. Jones would be great, but if he took one of GUS'S haymakers from roy nelson, JDS or even cain, Jones is not going to be staying awake. Jones is kinda oddly in the middle. He is a big LHW and would be a small HW.

If Gus could land on him then JDS would knock his block off

Also i will add that if Anderson could learn some TDD hed sniper jones all day

Jones only looks good when he is beating up washed up legends and bullying around middleweights. He'd get wrecked at heavyweight. Last night proved it.

At this point I think it's a bad idea for Jones to move up to HW. I don't think Jones really has the striking power to do some serious damage to the bigger stronger heavies unless he's able to land his spinning elbows and ground and pound constantly which is unlikely and even then the bigger guys can absorb the damage better. Of course Jones would add muscle and size if he did move up to HW but you have to wonder how the extra weight would impact his agility, speed, explosiveness, etc. I did not think he was a threat the to the top heavies before and my opinion remains the same.

Im a Cain fan but I think Jones would give him problems just because of the big reach advantage.

what!? Cain eats reach for breakfast, besides a lot of havyweights are taller than cain and bigger and he ran through them already, Jones has nothing on cain. He woud be manhandled. Plus Jones is a tall lhw, but he is able to make lhw which means his frame is smaller than someone like jds and a lot of muscle may slow him down

He would still have the reach advantage over most HWs...

Bones would be a stiff at HW. He'd go 0-3 or something before getting chased back to LHW.

Jones only looks good when he is beating up washed up legends and bullying around middleweights. He'd get wrecked at heavyweight. Last night proved it.

As much as I agree that he would get beat against the elite at heavyweight shut the heck up about the washed up legends and middleweights. First off who else do you see beating the guys Jones beat the way he did? Nobody! Second off dummy do you realize these so called middleweights that you and other idiots talk about both have a history of fighting at lhw and Vitor even at HW. Do you also realize that Chael and Vitor are actually bigger than the lhw's that he has fought. Nobody else is taking Chael down and pounding him, submitting bader, vitor and Machida and giving shogun that bad of a beat down or winning all 5 vs rashad. Your one of these guys that shouldn't even be watching mma. Your the guy that always has excuses for why guys win fights. Oh his opponents are washed up, glass jaw, one dimensional, no cardio, bad wrestling. Go watch baseball!!!

Back