Javier Mendez "When Cain WAS in his prime"

It’s not exactly a secret. He has been injured and missed extensive time going back to like 2010-2011.
Yup tore his shoulder out in the brock fight , was out 13 months came back against jds in the fox debut with a knee injury and was out after again

the ironic thing is, Ngannou as a complete noob to MMA nearly achieved the same amount of success and almost has the same amount of pro fights as veteran Cain but did it in less than half the time.

From 2003 here and this is what you type.

{<hhh]

the ironic thing is, Ngannou as a complete noob to MMA nearly achieved the same amount of success and almost has the same amount of pro fights as veteran Cain but did it in less than half the time.
UFC champion Francis Ngannou. I remember it like it was yesterday.

and fighting rematches.

he also said Cain's better than him, and i don't believe that either.

Cain that beat Brock/JDS/Big Nog is much better than DC has ever been or will be. At his peak, Cain was definitely better.

Doesn't mean he is now though and he could just be a shill since that's his boy.

Of course he is way past his physical prime.

Poor Cain, well at least he can do cheerleading in the crowd for his bros fighting in the cage, just hand over a pair of poms to him please.

giphy.gif

Why nobody hasn’t shooped poms into his hands?
Someone should photoshop seal arms on him.

Cains gonna smash this dude. His prime is just about 2 begin. U guys c his last fight against Browne. He retired her. So buckle up playboys....

UFC champion Francis Ngannou. I remember it like it was yesterday.

yeah if you read, that's why i said ALMOST the same success in my post. thanks for playing.

give him another 6 years so he has the same amount of time that Cain has in the game, and we'll see.

Cain that beat Brock/JDS/Big Nog is much better than DC has ever been or will be. At his peak, Cain was definitely better.

Doesn't mean he is now though and he could just be a shill since that's his boy.

how is he much better? i think DC could've beaten all those guys too.

From 2003 here and this is what you type.

{<hhh]

so it's not true that with half the time Ngannou was fighting for the title? sure he lost, but that's why i said he ALMOST accomplished the same shit Cain did.

is it not true within half the time Ngannou has exactly ONE less fight than MMA vet Cain? i understand Cain's your boy, but come on man.

Cain's only reason he kept getting title shots is because the UFC kept inserting him into them. just like when he fought Werdum, he had no business fighting Werdum, but guess what, he was right there coming off a huge lay off fighting for the title.

you give Francis enough swings at the title, he'll hit a home run on one of those tries too.

Cain went 4-1 against JDS and Big Foot over a 3 year time period and that put him ahead of Fedor in the all time Heavyweight rankings

<Fedor23>

apparently being 4-1 against 2 guys is better than anything any other HW can do in the history of MMA i guess.

because that's the best thing people point to when they say how great Cain is "well he beat JDS up!"

they conveniently leave out the part that JDS also murdered him in 30 secs and act like it was such a fluke that there's no possible way any other HW in the world could've replicated that, only the great JDS can throw a punch and knockout the awesome Cain Velasquez.

how is he much better? i think DC could've beaten all those guys too.

I watch the fights, compare their skill-set and then form an opinion based on that. I think he is a better boxer than DC, DC is better with clinch work though, Cain's wrestling has been good enough to get anyone to the ground he wanted obv DC has the "accolades" but I think in MMA it sort of is relatively close, I think Cain's ground and pound is better, I think his cardio is better + He's bigger.

Doesn't mean DC sucks, I just think Cain is a better and bigger version of him (at least at his best/peak)

so it's not true that with half the time Ngannou was fighting for the title? sure he lost, but that's why i said he ALMOST accomplished the same shit Cain did.

is it not true within half the time Ngannou has exactly ONE less fight than MMA vet Cain? i understand Cain's your boy, but come on man.

Cain's only reason he kept getting title shots is because the UFC kept inserting him into them. just like when he fought Werdum, he had no business fighting Werdum, but guess what, he was right there coming off a huge lay off fighting for the title.

you give Francis enough swings at the title, he'll hit a home run on one of those tries too.

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/old-but-not-forgotten-the-mark-of-cain.3911301/

i respect your opinion and your loyalty to Cain, and the others who disagree with me, but i just think what i think.

i acknowledge Cain is a great fighter, as you see in my posts, JDS is one of the greatest HWs i ever saw in the UFC in his prime, but i just feel Cain is still unproven even though he absolutely mauled JDS twice.

we will have to agree to disagree, and in all fairness, i would not mind seeing Cain win because i want to see him fight Jones, on the other hand if Ngannou wins i wouldn't mind seeing him fight DC.

I watch the fights, compare their skill-set and then form an opinion based on that. I think he is a better boxer than DC, DC is better with clinch work though, Cain's wrestling has been good enough to get anyone to the ground he wanted obv DC has the "accolades" but I think in MMA it sort of is relatively close, I think Cain's ground and pound is better, I think his cardio is better + He's bigger.

Doesn't mean DC sucks, I just think Cain is a better and bigger version of him (at least at his best/peak)

i can see how you come to that conclusion, and i do not deny Cain those advantages, the thing about that is, almost all of that is offense.

i'm a big proponent of defense and adaptability of a fighter, and i think DC is better than Cain at those things. i also think he has much better timing than Cain does.

when it seems like i say negative things about Cain, i don't think he sucks. he's most definitely quite a formidable opponent, but i long had a theory about Cain and it was that Cain was an extremely strong front runner, if he gets ahead of you, you're basically done BUT i thought if you made it a war, where you fought back and didn't accept the positions he wanted and forced him to fight for it, Cain would eventually break himself.

i thought this because i did not believe someone could sustain his work rate at HW when the other person is fighting back. the reasoning? in both 2nd and 3rd JDS fights Cain was nearly as tired as JDS and he basically took zero damage in those fights. it looked to me as if JDS just provided more of a resistance Cain would've broken himself, like he did vs Werdum.

DC had multiple fights where things didn't go his way and he was able to adapt and take the fight back, like when he fought Gustafsson and Rumble.

i can see how you come to that conclusion, and i do not deny Cain those advantages, the thing about that is, almost all of that is offense.

i'm a big proponent of defense and adaptability of a fighter, and i think DC is better than Cain at those things. i also think he has much better timing than Cain does.

when it seems like i say negative things about Cain, i don't think he sucks. he's most definitely quite a formidable opponent, but i long had a theory about Cain and it was that Cain was an extremely strong front runner, if he gets ahead of you, you're basically done BUT i thought if you made it a war, where you fought back and didn't accept the positions he wanted and forced him to fight for it, Cain would eventually break himself.

i thought this because i did not believe someone could sustain his work rate at HW when the other person is fighting back. the reasoning? in both 2nd and 3rd JDS fights Cain was nearly as tired as JDS and he basically took zero damage in those fights. it looked to me as if JDS just provided more of a resistance Cain would've broken himself, like he did vs Werdum.

DC had multiple fights where things didn't go his way and he was able to adapt and take the fight back, like when he fought Gustafsson and Rumble.

Honestly I think Cain has been damaged goods for years now. His body just can't take it, which is sad imo because I think skill wise, he's one of the best to ever do it (at least at HW).

Although I agree about certain things you have mentioned, I don't think I agree entirely about him being a front runner. I think of guys like Vitor and Overeem as front runners, not Cain. But perhaps you are right, but, for example, he was tagged and dropped a few times by Kongo and was still able to recover and implement his gameplan. I know its not the same as the Werdum fight, but, I think it shows that at least Cain doesn't crumble and lose everytime things aren't going his way.

Back