Javier Mendez "When Cain WAS in his prime"

i heard all the stories, but training is training.

Mike Pyle is supposedly the WW GOAT if you count his gym wins.

Dc would have an hard time outwrestling Cain, even if he is a better wrestler, Cain is good enough to defend it and counter. Stand up would be a toss up. Cain is actually more versatile. Both guys are very similar, but Cain happens to be bigger. No reason to believe DC would absolutely beat Cain. Not sure why would anyone think that, when Cain absolutely murdered prime JDS twice like it was nothing. DC could probably beat today's Cain, who is fucked up with so many injuries and off time. But the same Cain who beat JDS? It's possible, but i wouldn't bet on it. In fact, i believe a younger, healthier Cain beats every single HW in history. The dude was that good. Great wrestling, great stand up, strong, fast, agile, durable, cardio for days. The whole package

Who around here thought Cain was still in his prime?
<{vega}>

Something tells me hes back for a paycheck.

DC says Cain is as good as ever but he's a huge Cain mark.
Would you tell the general public that one of your close friends looks like they've lost a step or was a shade of their former selves???

Poor Cain, well at least he can do cheerleading in the crowd for his bros fighting in the cage, just hand over a pair of poms to him please.

giphy.gif

Why nobody hasn’t shooped poms into his hands?

DC would KO Cain inside 4 minutes.

DC has always been better than Cain. Truth talk. Humble DC was just being humble in interviews.

Cain spent most of his days on the shelf because DC was too rough with Cain when they trained wrestling.
sure....

Its actually super rare to see a hw reach prime in their 20s. Fedor, cc arlovski and Cain are the only ones I can think of. All the other hws kind of got better or achieved more in their 30s.
Naming just the champions: Randleman, Barnett, Ricco Rodriguez, Sylvia, Mir, Arlovski, Fedor, Nogueira, JDS, and Cain.
... Essentially all the best HWs ever.

Werdum is an outlier, and guys like DC and Randy didn't even fight in their 20s

Dc would have an hard time outwrestling Cain, even if he is a better wrestler, Cain is good enough to defend it and counter. Stand up would be a toss up. Cain is actually more versatile. Both guys are very similar, but Cain happens to be bigger. No reason to believe DC would absolutely beat Cain. Not sure why would anyone think that, when Cain absolutely murdered prime JDS twice like it was nothing. DC could probably beat today's Cain, who is fucked up with so many injuries and off time. But the same Cain who beat JDS? It's possible, but i wouldn't bet on it. In fact, i believe a younger, healthier Cain beats every single HW in history. The dude was that good. Great wrestling, great stand up, strong, fast, agile, durable, cardio for days. The whole package

yeah, i've seen his fights. i know who Cain Velasquez is.

JDS is a totally different fighter than DC, Cain beating him has nothing to do with beating DC.

i never said DC would absolutely beat Cain, i said i don't believe he's a better fighter than DC is.

LOL @ describing Cain as "durable"

i understand Cain beat the prime out of JDS and beat up Bigfoot, but so what? DC knocked a TRT Bigfoot the fuck out with a single punch and most likely could beat JDS too.

people fail to realize that in sparring, you're just SPARRING. Matt Brown got his ass kicked all the time vs Mike Pyle in the gym, when it came to fight night Matt Brown body'd him in 30 secs.

He cashed in his longevity on those Dos Santos fights. The dude almost passed out in between rounds from exhaustion.

Naming just the champions: Randleman, Barnett, Ricco Rodriguez, Sylvia, Mir, Arlovski, Fedor, Nogueira, JDS, and Cain.
... Essentially all the best HWs ever.

Werdum is an outlier, and guys like DC and Randy didn't even fight in their 20s

what about Stipe? he became champion in his 30s.

The crazy thing about non prime cain is that he still top 5 heavyweight right now and if 80% cain shows up on Sunday he will ragdoll ngannou all night.
He can still be the champ in his non prime years and that's fucking insane

Not saying you’re wrong but watch the fight again Cain left Kongo bloody and laying on the mat after the final bell. Cain beat the shit out of him
haha I know. it was also funny when he beat up ben rothwell

Cain went 4-1 against JDS and Big Foot over a 3 year time period and that put him ahead of Fedor in the all time Heavyweight rankings

<Fedor23>

Thats one of the reasons I love Dc his loyalty to his friends.. Cain can be in a wheelchair and still belives Cain is still the best hw in the UFC.
You like him because he's delusional?

And he still pressed forward and had his way with Kongo...what’s your point?
The point is, Cain doesn't have the chin for francis. And it's pretty likely francis will be the hardest hit he's ever taken. Also likely the francis will land a big shot early as that's his MO.

It’s not exactly a secret. He has been injured and missed extensive time going back to like 2010-2011.

Back