Javier Mendez: Usman Nurmagomedov is the most talented fighter Ive come across

ExitLUPin

K
@Steel
Reaction score
He's said it before but he reiterated it tonight.

"Now he's fully connected with me, Usman, was fully connected with me. Now I know I can do something with him. Because no matter how much talent he has, and I happen to think he's the most talented MMA fighter I've ever trained, but he didn't have the mind of someone like Khabib, Cain Velasquez, DC... Khabib and I have been working on him, on his mental. And we are almost there."

Javier Mendez has trained and come across

Cain Velasquez
Daniel Cormier
Khabib Nurmagomedov
Luke Rockhold
Islam Makhachev
Umar Nurmagomedov
Leon Edwards
BJ Penn
Jon Fitch
Josh Koscheck
Gray Maynard
Mo Lawal

and the list goes on and on.... VERY telling he singled out Usman. He just murked Benson in round 1 damn near KOd and subbed him. Will he become P4P no.1 fighter in MMA by 2024? 2025?

I really feel Usman can go toe to toe with most current ranked LW. His skill set is amazing and I personally feel he is ba better fighter than Umar

I really feel Usman can go toe to toe with most current ranked LW. His skill set is amazing and I personally feel he is ba better fighter than Umar

Hes obviously better than Umar lol... Question is he already better than Islam? He tools Islam in sparring from the vids we have.

Islam struggled and arguably lost to Mansour Barnaoui who could fight Usman next.

Usman and umar both have better striking the. Khabib and Islam

not sure if they’re grapppling or mindset is as good

they’re so young - they’re the future - they’re Forreal

His striking is so damn fluid and he has the perfect MMA lanky build that none of his relatives do. That's a huge praise coming from Mendez and I'm all for it from what I've seen so far.

Hopefully Usman will entice some bigger UFC names to fight out their contracts. Bellator has some solid divisions but 155 isn't 1 of their best. I would love to see a guy like Arman finish his deal & go to Bellator.

uuuse got freekn thick. That mid air switch to ? kick was pretty sweet.

BMMA Champs looking quite stellar -

Mansour will be his first real test, he's 30 years old, former ROAD FC tournament winner, every bit as big as Usman an 20-4 having been in there with the who's who. Usman fought no one decent on the regional scene on his way up, was given straight cans in Bellator and then was allowed to skip over Tofiq and Shabliy to fight for the title vs 24-11 Patricky who was 37 years old and would have been an underdog on the lines vs Mansour, Shabliy, Tofiq (who already dominated Patricky in Rizin) and several other LW's on Bellators roster. Now Usman, the champion...who should be fighting the best guys, was given one of the easiest opening round opponents by design (Cokers own words) vs 39 year old 30-11 Bendo.

I don't care what Javier has to say, he's a known fabricator about his fighters and it's cringy at this point. Lets see Usman start fighting real fights, if he smashes Mansour and then Shabliy/McKee in the finals, well then he's probably the best LW in the world and one of the greatest talents in MMA history. I need to see it though, I haven't seen shit yet besides a very talented prospect who's been babied and privileged.

"(put a name) is the best guy I've ever trained" - Javier Mendez

Seriously, this is just something a coach says when he's currently training a guy and the other students are no longer with him/retired

Reactions: MGS
Back