Media Javier Mendez not underestimating Ferugson.

Javier isn't stupid.

OfficialLightheartedDevilfish-size_restricted.gif

Not even in training?
Not even against Tibau?
The Tibau fight was interesting but it's not as if he was ever hurt in it, when I say 'adversity' I was more talking about getting rocked or hurt significantly.

Man, I'm more hyped for this fight than any fight in a long long time. The JBG is bound to be satiated that night no matter who wins.

War Tony, War Khabib, War JBG!!!!!!!!

Heard him interviewed on Luke Thomas's radio show a couple weeks ago. Of course I'm rooting for Tony but I gotta say I was really impressed by Mendez. I've heard him interviewed before, but he's hard not like.

I tend to agree with neither being broken too. Both of these guys break their opponents. One with volume and damage, the other with grappling that crushes their cardio. I can see these two smiling across the cage at each other at the start of round 5, like "How much you got left? Think it's enough?"

The difference is that Khabib has been taking a round off in these championship fights, he take the foot off the pedal in round 3, lost that round to Conor, Dustin's best round of memory serves me correct.

He won't be able to take a round off against Tony, this is what makes the fight interesting, if Khabib performs like he has (which he might not) than Tony could possibly capitalize in that round, and change the entire momentum of the fight. If Khabib can't take the round off, and Tony puts on pressure (something Khabib's opponents don't do) than it'll be interesting to see how Khabib responds. He'll have to dog deep.

That being said, there are a lot of ifs, I still favor Khabib, but that's the path I think Tony takes it.

The difference is that Khabib has been taking a round off in these championship fights, he take the foot off the pedal in round 3, lost that round to Conor, Dustin's best round of memory serves me correct.

He won't be able to take a round off against Tony, this is what makes the fight interesting, if Khabib performs like he has (which he might not) than Tony could possibly capitalize in that round, and change the entire momentum of the fight. If Khabib can't take the round off, and Tony puts on pressure (something Khabib's opponents don't do) than it'll be interesting to see how Khabib responds. He'll have to dog deep.

That being said, there are a lot of ifs, I still favor Khabib, but that's the path I think Tony takes it.

For sure. There are no rounds off vs Tony, and he does damage when he applies pressure.

Khabib has good cardio but it’s not even close to Tony’s. Khabib got tired against Conor and the realtor.

He may have, Tony was pretty tired against Castillo

People who think Khabib can't make him tired are being fools

It reminds me of the Colby Covington cardio crap we heard about. When you start fighting guys who can pour it on you your cardio fades wayyyy quicker.

Both guys will be tired in this one. It will be a WAR.

Tony has great cardio. He does get tired tho, everyone does. His elbows are dangerous, but I do not believe they will be a factor. He usually cuts people when they are in full guard and there is space between them. Or while standing. Khabib doesnt leave space for elbows when he is in top position, nor does he stay in guard ever. In standup, if tiny starts doing spinning elbows, he will end up taken down. Spinning is flashy and works against orthodox strikers who want to stand. Khabib is no where near orthodox, and will look for the takedown always. I dont see this going well for Tony at all. Take khabib out of the lw division, and tony would be champ and stay that way for a long time. With khabib there, until he retires, tony will not be champ.

Khabib has never even gone through adversity in a fight, how do they know he will not break?

The guy fights for his religion, country, father, and legacy. He's also undefeated, his mindset is at the point where you'd have to truly put him unconscious before he even lets up a little.

It's pretty obvious Khabib isn't going to fold. Something bout those type of foreigners lmaooo

Heard him interviewed on Luke Thomas's radio show a couple weeks ago. Of course I'm rooting for Tony but I gotta say I was really impressed by Mendez. I've heard him interviewed before, but he's hard not like.

I tend to agree with neither being broken too. Both of these guys break their opponents. One with volume and damage, the other with grappling that crushes their cardio. I can see these two smiling across the cage at each other at the start of round 5, like "How much you got left? Think it's enough?"
Lol I could imagine them asking to go another 5 rounds just for the hell of it.

I will be purchasing this fight. It will be the first one in years. I think Khabib will win but I’m not counting Tony out. Should be a great fight.

None of these guys will 'break' but still one of them will have to back up and concede, this is so intriguing.

The more is think about the match up the more I think Tony will get dominated.

He can't stop the take down nor finish or sub khabib

It seriously is. Plenty of guys can exist in wars of attrition where real damage is being done and do well. But to actually truly ENJOY that kind of fight is something else altogether.

Back