Javier Mendez (Cain's Coach) Eating His Words

Bels89

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Before the Cain vs. Werdum fight at UFC 188, heres what Javier Mendez had to say about Cain:

"Werdum's not going to be able to handle the intensity."
"Werdum has no chance. Cain's gonna do what he wants to do with him."
"By saying a zero chance, it’s not an actual statement. I’m saying he [Werdum] has little chance."
"He’s [Cain] going to win every round. He’s either going to stop him or give him the beating of his life."
"His cardio, health, everything is at 100%"
"He’s never going to make…if [Werdum] makes five rounds, he’s going to get beat up worse than JDS. I tell you that, I say that, and it will happen."

Here is what Javier had to say this morning:

"I told Cain we needed to come down early to get used to the altitude," Mendez said during the first episode of the UFC 188 Embedded series. "He said, 'No.' He's trained here before and he's fine. I kept pushing the issue and he gave in and decided, 'OK, I'll go two weeks early. It worked out great. He's in great, great cardio shape."

"I screwed up," Mendez told Talking Brawls. "I screwed up the last time. The bottom line is it was my responsibility to prepare my fighter in the best possible way and that night I didn't. I failed. I failed at my job. Regardless of Cain saying it was his fault, it wasn't. It was my fault. It was my responsibility to look into the altitude and all that. I screwed up and I won't make that mistake again.

:rolleyes:

IGqru8N.jpg

lets wait for the rematch then

When Cain beats Werdum it'll only be because Werdum suddenly showed his age, overnight.

I swear there are very few people in this sport who can ever just admit to losing to the better fighter

There always has to be an excuse

Mendez came off as a clown.

before the fight: ''Cain is in his best shape ever, he is already used to the altitude and feelin awesome!''

lol.

Dana probably told him to say that Cain is up there with Rousey and Mac to Dana, he's a golden boy and will be treated as such. Can't wait to see Werdum beat him again, did DC cry after Cain lost btw??

At least he was right on the fact that Werdum didn't make it to round 5

Trainer makes incorrect predictions about his fighter, headlines ensue

I swear there are very few people in this sport who can ever just admit to losing to the better fighter

"If it weren't for injuries, I could have beaten Jon Jones" -Tito

Damn words must have a lot of calories in them, cause Mendez is a fat sack of crap.

Breaking: Murilo Bustamante and Mario Sperry talk about how Fedor Emelianenko doesn't deserve to be in the same ring as PRIDE HW Champion Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira.

Don't forget Rockhold:

"Werdum's just a delusional, self absorbed, fake person, fake champ (lol). And he's a joke. I just don't... He fights like a coward (lool). Not even a biased opinion; Cain will smash him (loool). I just see Cain as a better fighter everywhere (looool). How does he expect to take Cain down when he couldn't take down 80% of the guys he's fought (loooool)? Cain is more dynamic on the feet (looooool), he's faster, he hits harder, he's more technical (loooooool). He's gonna put a pressure on Fabricio he's never felt. And he's a guy that's in shape and ready to fight. He's not gonna get tired and fall into a knee (looooooool)."

Apparently after the beating he gave Velasquez he went up to Rockhold and trolled him about having the real belt, lol.

[YT]jYuJiXhMP6k#t=24s[/YT]

Last edited:
Damn words must have a lot of calories in them, cause Mendez is a fat sack of crap.

Never understood why trainers or coaches stay fat or get fat when they practically live in the gym.

Don't forget Rockhold:

"Werdum's just a delusional, self absorbed, fake person, fake champ (lol). And he's a joke. I just don't... He fights like a coward (lool). Not even a biased opinion; Cain will smash him (loool). I just see Cain as a better fighter everywhere (looool). How does he expect to take Cain down when he couldn't take down 80% of the guys he's fought (loooool)? Cain is more dynamic on the feet (looooool), he's faster, he hits harder, he's more technical (loooooool). He's gonna put a pressure on Fabricio he's never felt. And he's a guy that's in shape and ready to fight. He's not gonna get tired and fall into a knee (looooooool)."

Apparently after the beating he gave Velasquez he went up to Rockhold and trolled him about having the real belt, lol.

holy shit at all this.

Immediate rematch is gay as fuk....

The dude got finished for fuk sakes.

It's not that simple.

Many times the better fighter loses.

But I get what you are saying. Excuses suck, but can you really overlook Cain's 2 year long injury related layoff?

I can't.

Back