Flash_Monsta

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Welcome to the Pub!

Welcome O' Brother of the Iron

Put away your cares,
wash the rust and blood stained chalk from your hands,
order up a pint. You live in my house, you live with my rules, young man.

Time stands still here.​
primitives_by_kathy-dad-s-pub-sign-multicolor-7f422e0a_l.jpg

Last edited:
Haha in

Man i was reading that blaha thread and that guy is so pathetic and delusional is really sad. Kinda scary if he has a lot of followers

To quote a friend's dad, back in the day when said friend was a teenager: "Can somebody mix my son a 'Handballer'?!"
A Handballer is apple juice with Amaretto. I gag uncontrollably at the mere thought.

To quote my dad back when he was pissed one night.

"No matter how big and strong you get, i will always be able to kick your ass"

Thanks dad.

To quote my dad when I was about 6 years old and staying over at his house "I'm just popping to the off-license, if a fire starts in the house or anything like that, call 999"

If I can go back to the discussion about knowledge, and being paid and shit.

Both Jake and Dan have helped a lot of people here on the site. Both have grown into great resources for their sport. I don't blame Dan for his sentiments regarding being paid. He's worked hard to get to where he is, so has Jake. Both deserve their due. And I don't blame coaches and such for not providing unsolicited help for free.

Both deserve their due. And I don't blame coaches and such for not providing unsolicited help for free.
I agree, and while I'm not a coach, I only get paid for writing fitness clickbait, I don't feel like providing help and guidance to people that don't want my help. If nobody says "thank you" or "I'll try that", but people only discuss stuff that has been dealt with a billion times already, trying to get what they already believe out of it, that's no fun at all.

I think as a coach, or someone with knowledge on a subject you should maintain the right to pass it one to those who you feel deserve it. I don't judge those who demand compensation.

If nobody says "thank you" or "I'll try that", but people only discuss stuff that has been dealt with a billion times already, trying to get what they already believe out of it, that's no fun at all.

This is actually something I agree with. Genuine discussion is interesting, learning something is interesting, getting somewhere with someone is interesting. But just getting stonewalled by people, or getting hostility from people, in exchange for giving them useful information, does indeed suck.

And I don't blame coaches and such for not providing unsolicited help for free.

Me neither.

Unless they hang out on a forum which the main purpose of which is to give advice for free.

Me neither.

Unless they hang out on a forum which the main purpose of which is to give advice for free.

yes. But that knowledge will likely be limited, I'm sure. I would not expect Dan or Jake to program my workouts, nor would I expect that they critique my lifts.

To quote my dad. "......." . shit, I need a dad for quotes.

To quote my dad. "......." . shit, I need a dad for quotes.

I am constantly repeating the following to my older guy...

"if you wouldn't say it to your mother, don't say it!"

I am constantly repeating the following to my older guy...

"if you wouldn't say it to your mother, don't say it!"

Good advice poppa, NK. I wish I knew that in my childhood. So.much.soap.

I've found Dan very helpful, he's even gone out of his way to critique my technique and offer advice. But that oly lift thread was a bit of a shit show and you can see why he, to quote my dad, "got his knickers in a twist."

"It's your life, you're free to ruin it however you want"

Back