Jason Statham vs Jean-Claude Van Damme

Who do you prefer?

• Total voters
Forget the movies.......who has the better dance moves??
qm501gwktjk11.gif

vs.

vandamme-dancing.gif

giphy.gif

Honestly let down this isn't how the thread started out......
<FutbolThink>

JCVD and it's not close

Watch his movies as 80s child made me start martial arts when i was like 5 lol

The Quest is one of my favourite and it's not in the list

Tbh Statham IS indeed better actor
But as legacy is no contest... JCVD has been the icon of a generation, Statham is mostly the self-esteem mantra of bald people
I like the film Snatch the most out of the ones listed but JCVD overall
Tbh i've hard time score The Snatch for Statham
I mean he's there, but whole thing is Brad Pitt playing the gypsy boxer

Lock Stock is way better than Snatch although I love Snatch as well. I don't know, good agent maybe? I mean he did come across as a no nonsense type and his accent does it.

He was also in a little known movie called London where pretty much the entire movie was filmed in a bathroom. He wasn't doing all the kung fu stuff in that, he was just a great actor. He and (If forget who) were the main characters and it was awesome.
Much like the roles Ryan Reynolds has had like Buried, it's cool when they're not playing themselves if that makes sense.
that sounds interesting I will add it to the watch list

I liked snatch more than lock stock. Wrath of man was also good
I don't mean this in a snide way
but snatch and lock stock are in similar vein but snatch is more Hollywood(biggerstars, budgets, vision etc..)
but IMO it doesn't have the same heart that lock stock has. and once the woke Ritchie knot unwinding happens in lock stock I am all in.
that being said on can see why people chose snatch over it. Brad Pitt was awesome in snatch and really added a fun element to the movie that lock stock didn't have.

I’ll go with JCVD for nostalgia.
Those 80s movies were awesome.

i like both, but Snatch is my favourite from the movies mentioned, and i liked Statham's character the most in the movie too, add to that irl he was sticking his wang into this for 6 of her prime years.

33249307793_a358699451_b.jpg

before moving onto this....

rosie-huntington-whiteley-for-autograph-2019-collection-11.jpg

The next installment in the @Solid poll series is here.

Jean-Claude Van Damme
Bloodsport
Kickboxer
Lionheart
Double Impact
Universal Soldier
Hard Target
Timecop

Jason Statham Films
Snatch
Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels
The Transporter
Crank
The Bank Job
The Expendables
Wrath of Man

<Deported1>

Love both but JCVD is a legend.

I also feel that Statham always does the same role in every movie.

Van Damme and it’s not close.

Van Damme was actually a competent martial artist as opposed to a swimmer.

And while he doesn’t have as good a film under his belt as Statham’s Guy Ritchie films, his ledger of Martial Arts films far outstrip Stathams. So JCVD > Stath…

And purely as an actor, while JCVD wasn’t as good an “actor” as Stathom. He was a better screen presence. And again: it’s not even close

Van Damme and it’s not close.

Van Damme was actually a competent martial artist as opposed to a swimmer.

And while he doesn’t have as good a film under his belt as Statham’s Guy Ritchie films, his ledger of Martial Arts films far outstrip Stathams. So JCVD > Stath…

And purely as an actor, while JCVD wasn’t as good an “actor” as Stathom. He was a better screen presence. And again: it’s not even close

Statham just has one face, the constipation look, even Van Damme is a better actor

I feel like Jason is a more cerebral upgrade from Jean Claude.

Statham has the better catalogue.

JCVD was fantastic and under appreciated though.

CRANK > any JCVD movie, but from there on it's a massacre. JCVD wins, easy. That said, I like them both and Statham almost single handedly carried the action genre in the 2000s.

Back