Jason Statham vs Jean-Claude Van Damme

Who do you prefer?

• Total voters
Lock, Stock and Smoking Barrels is the greatest film ever made.
I disagree on best film ever made but it is by far the best film on that list

Statham is a better actor and has more enjoyable films

I'd love to give the vote to JCVD because of nostalgia but logically
no way

Don't know how this is even a question. JCVD's work as a thespian is far superior to that limey, who I'm not even sure is an actor. JCVD's collection of gifs alone are better than anything Statham has ever done.

No Retreat No Surrender is one of the worst movies of all time.

I grew up with JCVD and absolutely loved his movies, but I still think objectively Statham made better action flicks. JCVD did kinda funny martial movies that had decent fight choreography for it's time, but no substance to the plot or anything.

Now, Statham on other hand, I feel is portrayed like an all-around badass in all aspects and even tho most of his movies haven't had the deepest plots, they've still been captivating enough. Not to mention the few gems as well.

Obviously Statham is a better actor and has an actual good filmography, and he’s a damned serviceable action star too, but Van Damme is a real proper action star.

JCVD in his later years has become a much better actor than Statham his performances in JCVD and In Hell blow anything Stathams done out the water.

Richard Corliss of Time magazine named Van Damme's performance in the film the second best of the year (after Heath Ledger's The Joker in The Dark Knight),[9] having previously stated that Van Damme "deserves not a black belt, but an Oscar".[10] Roger Ebert gave the film 2.5 stars, noting that the movie "almost endearingly savages" Van Damme, who "says worse things about himself than critics would dream of saying, and the effect is shockingly truthful".[

Obviously Statham is a better actor and has an actual good filmography, and he’s a damned serviceable action star too, but Van Damme is a real proper action star.
watch "JCVD" from 2008. Van Damme actually can act if the script allows for it. I was surprised and enjoyed the movie.

I disagree on best film ever made but it is by far the best film on that list

Statham is a better actor and has more enjoyable films

I'd love to give the vote to JCVD because of nostalgia but logically
no way
Tbf I haven't seen many JCVD movies but Lock Stock just does it for me. I've watched it so many times and I'll never tire of it.

Tbf I haven't seen many JCVD movies but Lock Stock just does it for me. I've watched it so many times and I'll never tire of it.
it's a classic and has the factor too it. I hope you agree with me but I enjoy it a lot more than snatch. I could watch lock stock multiple times a year, but I'm good with doing a snatch rewatched once a blue moon
lemme ask you as a Brit when did Statham become this kung fu action star?
in lock stock he is just a smooth street wise conman and in snatch he doesn't really have next level fighting ability. but now if he is in a movie he is doing some super hero shit.

it's a classic and has the factor too it. I hope you agree with me but I enjoy it a lot more than snatch. I could watch lock stock multiple times a year, but I'm good with doing a snatch rewatched once a blue moon
in lock stock he is just a smooth street wise conman and in snatch he doesn't really have next level fighting ability. but now if he is in a movie he is doing some super hero shit.
Lock Stock is way better than Snatch although I love Snatch as well. I don't know, good agent maybe? I mean he did come across as a no nonsense type and his accent does it.

He was also in a little known movie called London where pretty much the entire movie was filmed in a bathroom. He wasn't doing all the kung fu stuff in that, he was just a great actor. He and (If forget who) were the main characters and it was awesome.
Much like the roles Ryan Reynolds has had like Buried, it's cool when they're not playing themselves if that makes sense.

Transporter was the turning point

I liked snatch more than lock stock. Wrath of man was also good

I watched Universal Soldier recently, after not seeing it for probably 20 years. It's a damn good movie. Lundgren was great in it.

Back