Jason Herzog

Antix

Champion Cheeto Fingers
@Green
Reaction score
Is he the most under rated Ref in the business? I struggle to think of any fights where I think he’s made a bad call or stopped a fight too late or early.

Has to be the best referee currently?

Reactions: MGS
I thought the same Saturday. I couldnt pick one mistake off the top of my head.

Shout out to the ref with the huge tache aswell, his name escapes me.

People made a big deal out of him stopping Glover vs Smith too late but that wasnt his fault

Smith's corner (and Smith himself) are the real boneheads

other than the 12 warnings for fence grabs in the one fight. herzog is a stand out ref typically.

Him and Lukasz Bosacki are the only refs I've seen a lot of that I can't recall making any major fuck ups.

Oh and Leon White, can't remember him doing anything stupid off the top of my head.

Is he the most under rated Ref in the business? I struggle to think of any fights where I think he’s made a bad call or stopped a fight too late or early.

Has to be the best referee currently?
I don't know if he's underrated, seems to me that he's widely accepted as one of the very best. Which he absolutely is.
Shout out to the ref with the huge tache aswell, his name escapes me.

Mike Beltran. Good ref too. A bit over the top at times, but does his job well.

I have a theory that the best refs seem to be the ones who don't do any acknowledgement when Buff announces their name because they accept the fact that they're not supposed to be a focal point of the fight.

I have a theory that the best refs seem to be the ones who don't do any acknowledgement when Buff announces their name because they accept the fact that they're not supposed to be a focal point of the fight.

I think that might be part of my thinking around under rated. I don’t see or hear much from Herzog so he kind of flies under the radar.

He turns up, does his job well, and disappears only to be seen again at the next UFC event.

Generally, if their name doesn't come up very often, they're doing a good job.

Jason Herzog, Mike 'Beard of Protection' Beltran and Leon White are the best refs about at the moment imo.

He did terribly on Saturday. Only gave warnings for at least 5 cage grabs in a single fight and several of them were effective enough to have actually stopped takedowns. Then in another fight he quickly stands them up without a single warning.

98666A73-7DC2-4712-83B8-066F0E31879D.jpeg The GOAT of refereeing Jason Herzog replied to me on Instagram about our (mostly positive) views about him as a ref on Sherdog. Turns out he’s a fan of Sherdog.

He also answered in great detail a question I sent about the Diego v Pereira fight. Herzog all round good guy confirmed.

View attachment 802535 The GOAT of refereeing Jason Herzog replied to me on Instagram about our (mostly positive) views about him as a ref on Sherdog. Turns out he’s a fan of Sherdog.

He also answered in great detail a question I sent about the Diego v Pereira fight. Herzog all round good guy confirmed.

that’s awesome. He confirmed his ultimate GOAT status when he took a point for eye pokes in the Cerrone/Price fight. Best ref we have.

Him and mark smith should be what Herb and Dan morolota are

Yeah hard to argue, Herzogs the man.. I still like Cigs and Booze and Beltran is good..

I enjoy Goddards podcasts with Hardy more than his actual reffing..

Yeah hard to argue, Herzogs the man.. I still like Cigs and Booze and Beltran is good..

I enjoy Goddards podcasts with Hardy more than his actual reffing..

Goddard is pretty good too on the whole. Beltran is another one where I haven’t seen much in the way of major mistakes (that I can remember) which is usually a good sign.

Back